win server user??

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by rupsd, Jun 14, 2010.

1. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    Who uses win serve??
    .Is it for it professionals and business or made for every end user???

2. applegate

applegate MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Windows Server is more for businesses and not for the typical home user.

I use it at home as my home domain network server with roaming profiles. I specially like the overall manageability and terminal servers option (worldwide access at home).

It is not (easy) for the every end-user. I also help some good friends by building there home network with an exchange server and own domain and do some small remote management if they get stuck.

I now run fully on W2K8 R2 and W7 Ultimate. This combination have been a major step compared to the older versions in many ways.

If you do like to share only music and movies at home other option with only Windows 7 (or Windows Home Server) are more easy to setup by an everyday user.

By the way have fun if you install your own W2K8 R2 server en W7 clients at home.. LOL.

Applegate.

3. rupsd

rupsd MDL Senior Member

May 27, 2010
    hmmm.. i will give it a try

4. Smorgan

Smorgan Glitcher

Mar 25, 2010
    I honestly have not used Windows Server all that much other than taking a look at it a little...
    I personally use legit copies of Windows 7 Pro since they were pretty cheap and only cost about 30 bucks a pop...
    I am however giving it a try on a Vmware so I try something new most of the time...
    but I like Windows 7.... more than the virtual copies of vista, Server 2008 r2, and Embedded 7 eval edition that I have...

5. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    You are paying for a "legit" key NOT A COPY of Windows. You can download widows directly from Microsoft for free..lol.... ;) ;)

I love the Server R2 Data Center edition on my notebook.... ;) ;) Nice and simple.... the only hard part was finding the correct drivers, and some AVP like Kaspersky will not work.... bot NOD 32 work... ;)

6. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
  7. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    I like it simple and sweet... I added the feature but no eye candies for me...

8. vdl68

vdl68 MDL Junior Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Legit keys. I just had to phone to activated.