Win XP end of life

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by fadinzr, Jan 20, 2014.

1. fadinzr

fadinzr MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2013
    Hello,

I have been searching and posting this question

I have Toshiba laptop with poor specs

it has XP OS professional SP3 and I am not planning for installing different OS

is it possible to keep win XP without MS updates, and install bunch of security software

2. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Here are many people with use XP with Windows update turned-off for years and they did not report major malfunctions.I believe that after XP offcially end-life we can use XP for years from now on without MS updates.Just need to have a goog antivirus and brains turned on cuz there is NOT perfect antivirus solution.Cheers!

3. fadinzr

fadinzr MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2013
    it's about privacy some people say that you will be unsecured and exposed to hacker attacks

4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    If your on the internet you are always unsecured and exposed to hacker attacks no mater what operating system you use or how many security programs you run. There is always some hacker out there that can and may find a way in. It's the chance you and every one else takes.

5. ankitj1611

ankitj1611 MDL Novice

Jan 21, 2014
    I am also a XP fan.It was lightest of all operating system for me.

6. redroad

redroad MDL Guru

Dec 2, 2011
    It will come down to if your interested in streaming HD content and whether the specs of the machine are up to the task .. For browsing no worries .. After all there are those who are still using Windows 98se .. Sooner or later if using Windows you may be forced through the "Store" even to maintain "Genuine" status .. It's already headed in that direction :yes::fuyou2:

7. MakeMeBad

MakeMeBad MDL Novice

Oct 19, 2012
    meh ... M$ can BiTeMe! :p