Win XP / Win 7 / Win 10?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sohappyar, Apr 5, 2016.

1. sohappyar

sohappyar MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2016
    Which version of Windows are you using?

Previously I love Win XP. it's really very easy to use.
    However, as the time goes, it become more unsafe. So for now I'm using Win 7 , I guess I will use it for at least 3-5 years more.

Win 10 is rubbish...... I cannot use any other words other than "rubbish" to describe it...

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I use Windows 7. I like it. It's stable, and I understand it well enough to write my own apps, using the current free tools available.
    TBH, the only reason I switched from XP is because I needed a 64 bit OS.

You did leave an important OS out of your list.

Linux. :thumbsup:

There are a number of members here who use Linux. Personally, I use Linux Mint Cinnamon. It's stable and it looks nice.

Take a look at the Linux forum if you want to try it. There are many knowledgeable folks hanging around MDL, who can answer any questions that you may have.

BTW: Welcome to MDL. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. atoxique

atoxique MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS ME!!!!!! Seriously, i absolutely DESPISE windows 10. Microsoft promised a desktop OS, what we got was a blown up tablet OS. They promised no modern-UI shoved in our face. You know what? They shoved it in our faces. And let's not forget the spyware...

I use Windows 8.1 currently, after reverting back from Windows 10. Honestly 8.1 feels like a breath of fresh air, it is so much more like Windows 7 than 10 is!!!

Also, yeah, I use Linux too. I use Ubuntu because, unlike others, I actually like Unity. (Crazy, huh?)

4. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I use Windows 7 for my notebooks and Windows 10 for my tablet PC.

Up to now, I still prefer Windows 7 to Windows 10. But who knows when the future comes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #5 Enthousiast, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    I liked all windows versions (I loved XP and 7). And in the far past i've installed everything i could get my hands on, from linux (many different distro's) to freebsd and some other linuxbased os's (OS2), just to see the (install) screens :D

At this moment i'm running Win 10 Pro on my main system (HWID) and 8.1 Home on MY Asus 2in1 laptab (my wive has taken it over and now i'm not allowed to tinker with it, but it has a win 8.x/10 oem:Dm so i'm always able to install a legit 10 in the future ;):D)

6. Katzenfreund

Katzenfreund MDL Expert

Jul 15, 2016
    Those who don't like Windows 10, cheer up right now, because tomorrow is going to be worse.

And I'm not joking. From what I've read, there won't be Windows 11, MS will keep updating Windows 10 instead.

7. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Did you ever consider that they might just skip to Windows 12, even number ftw :D

8. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Im still waiting for Windows CloudOS_AAS workstation.

Then CloudOS-2_AAS workstation should be amazingly scary :eek:

9. ofernandofilo

ofernandofilo MDL Member

Sep 26, 2015
    I use XP, W7, W8.1 and W10. I cannot choose, I work with IT :eek:

My personal notebook have a Lubuntu 16.04 and a W7 64 Home Basic with a XP SP3 Pro in a VirtualBox. I might install Ubuntu-Mate on him, just because it looks nicer, :D

If I had to choose: Windows 2000. Oh boy, that was neat! but it is many years ago abandoned.

cheers

10. Oz

Oz MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Did you ever have a go at Windows XP x64? because of all the x64 OS' that came out after, there are so many drivers around now that works on XP x64

11. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Oz: TBH, I never tried it. At that time, I purchased a new computer and it had Windows 7 on it.

I never looked back. Perhaps it might be worth taking a look. :)

12. Lodge

Lodge MDL Novice

May 31, 2016
    I use Windows 10 on two of my spare laptops, i use GNU/Linux on my main machine, though. My favorite Windows OS would without a doubt be Windows 8.1

They definitely fulfilled that promise. No UI consistency whatsoever, a weird mix of 7 / 8.1 icons, no theme consistency, either. Other then the GUI things, it's actually a very nice OS over all and i find it to be very stable and enjoyable.

I just want my start screen back :mad:

13. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    I have Windows 7 on my home pc and 10 on the laptop but I do not use that very often, mostly for on the road. We also have Qimo linux on the pc in the living room for the grand kids

14. balackobama

balackobama MDL Novice

Jul 27, 2016
  15. BilliBob

BilliBob MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2008
    I hope I can get Windows 10 upgrade asap! :D