Win10 desktop task bar big issue help please ;)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Carol666, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    I have removed remains of cortana from registry without backing registry first and got a problem with task bar or tool bar, when I click left mouse button on the calendar last icon on the right it doesn't open.

Plus no response when I right click on the toolbar folder icon.

When I restart window manager or Explorer in task manager icons on the toolbar move to different places some dissappear.

Is there a way of refreshing that Tollbar making it work again or I have to reinstall that spyware called win 10 again?

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Just refresh Windows 10 and next you like to play with the system, THINK BEFORE doing! Also to create an image wouldn't be a bad idea, wouldn't it?!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    Another thread about you breaking windows.... STOP MESSING WITH IT

4. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Will refreshing also put all windows crap apps back?

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Simple answer: YES!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    Then there has to be other way. . I only tried to clean windows registry of Microsoft spyware and dumbware and task bar now doesn't work I have done nothing bad. Can't you guys help me? I don't want to go through everything again it will take me again another half a day to remove all that crap.

Is there Any tweak script to clean regedit of removed crapware? Just don't say ccleaner

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Only other way is called: HACKING! All you do is entirely on your own risk! And if someone would give you some advice, which may could be a bad one, who's fault is it if something goes wrong?? Answer yourself!!

I do a lot Registry editing, just would never give an advice to anybody about what I'm doing! So, nobody could claim that were my fault that something went wrong etc.!!

8. bk109

bk109 MDL Senior Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Carol,judging by the dozen or so facepalm-inducing threads you've posted so far, you don't know what you're doing poking around in the registry an' windows services. That is why I suggest that you do yourself and more importantly THE REST OF US a favour an' either use Windows 10 from official install media without cramming barely understood reg fixes,privacy-guaranteeing apps and tools, OR revert to let's say Windows 7,disable updates an' use that as is. Then again,if you're that into privacy, you might want to register @ubuntuforums to get help in migrating to an Ubuntu flavour of your choosing.

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Carol666: What the other member here are trying to say is that you must carefully research a tweak / fix before you use it. And you must -always- have a backup which will allow you to gracefully recover from whatever tinkering you decide to do. If you have nothing of importance on your machine, then it's not a problem. Recovery is easy; It's just a matter of reinstalling Windows.

Most novice users do not understand how easy it is to destroy a Windows installation. The registry is one of the most dangerous places to play. You can make you machine appear to have a hardware problem by tinkering with the Registry.

No offense, but You must learn to think before you act. You must research things and understand what you are trying to change before you do so.

@bk109: "The best lessons are often times the most costly. (and the most painful)"

:MJ

10. MrMagic

MrMagic MDL Guru

Feb 13, 2012
    At the very least, if you don't fully research what a tweak does before you run it, you should be 100% sure you know enough about Windows to fix it if you break it

11. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    ifi you hate metro apps just install LTSB edition and that's it:D

12. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @MrMagic: That especially holds true for a new OS like Windows 10. Seasoned pros are still learning about it.

:MJ

13. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    Thats why there is vmware and snapshots, for when the poop hits the ceiling :D