Win10 Tweaking Scripts

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by mdl052020, Jul 29, 2020.

?

Do you like these batch scripts?

Poll closed Monday at 08:02.
  1. Yes

36 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mdl052020

mdl052020 MDL Senior Member

May 31, 2020
    #121 mdl052020, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    (OP)
    Nice :yeah:

2. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #122 mdl052020, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
    (OP)
    Script Updated to First Page

3. RaiyvaN

RaiyvaN MDL Member

Sep 23, 2009
    I know the aim is to focus on single index.

But I'm thinking that it would be interesting to implement a simple way to ignore the selection of the index, keeping the script's work for multi-index.

For example, there will always be someone who will come with a UUP-DUMP ISO with the Indexes they need, and will need this functionality.

4. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #124 mdl052020, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
    (OP)
    Multi Index is not needed for debloating purpose . if i will get multiple response for it then i will update the script to debloat multi index . Thanks You are doing great.

Edit : User Always Has in Mind to Debloat the Image Index he is using always or which are most poupular to install on Machine. Most Win10 Users are found Using Pro or Ent only.

5. RaiyvaN

RaiyvaN MDL Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #125 RaiyvaN, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Yes, most. Me too, if I was not picked up by my family to perform the maintenance of the guys' PCs.

I noticed, this time, some errors in the process of untouched script and with my changes the errors prevail. I assure you that as I didn't change the main component removal commands, and I only messed with structure and dynamics, this would have no relation to the customizations I made. But I didn’t realize if they had happened the other times I tested.

Code:
    SetACL finished with error(s):
    SetACL error message: The call to SetNamedSecurityInfo () failed
    Operating system error message: Restricted Access.
    Remove-Item : Access to the requested registry is not allowed.
    No line:1 charactere:183
    + ... e 'Select System Apps to Remove' | Remove-Item -Force -Confirm:$False
    +                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : PermissionDenied: (HKEY_LOCAL_MACH...boxApplicat
       ions:String) [Remove-Item], SecurityException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Security.SecurityException,Microsoft.Powe
       rShell.Commands.RemoveItemCommand

Remove-Item : Access to the requested registry is not allowed.

Edit: I suspect that this error may be related to the version of PowerShell I am using. Version 2.0.

6. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #126 mdl052020, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    (OP)
    script ran successfully on almost 10 plus machines with 100 % success rate at my side & at my office colleagues Personal machines. idk what has happened at your side.

7. RaiyvaN

RaiyvaN MDL Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #127 RaiyvaN, Oct 17, 2020
    I am learning and trying to contribute.

If you don't want to, ok.

I reported in this text, an error that happened to me, about something after applying a PS command "Out-GridView".

The rest I am modifying and contributing.

Do your encryption. I was enjoying contributing with you. But then I offended you in some way.

If you want to use some part of the code, just use it. If it's not useful to you, there are no problems either.

For me, switching to single and multi will be useful. I just put a bypass. Type 'S'ingle or 'M'ulti.

But with the script you posted yesterday, the index information does not appear. I had mentioned this before. This time I just tried to make it work and I couldn't. Wasn't I clear? So, as I had contributed a DISM command and you said that you prefer to make everything in PowerShell, I replaced it by updating the command.

I've been spending time modifying and testing here, all day.

For you to return such an answer to me?

I will continue using the script, it is very good. As I already said, a beautiful initiative.

But I didn't expect that.

Very nice ten people have returned good impressions. Didn't I return you, in addition to constructive suggestions, good impressions?

You never seem to have dealt with software. Know that you will never be able to make it perfect. Someone in the world will find fault.

In a nutshell,
    I wish you well!
    I go into silence and done for today (saturday).

Edit: incomplete sentence "I go into silence and done.".

8. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    thanks a lot for your all about . i already told you its nice . but as my friend told me last night something which is quite confidential between him n me . now i got it crystal clear that he was 100% correct . stay safe healthy n blessed .

just see the count of downloads of the new script n even none has any single error or else somebody will deffinately post a comment but not till yet . lets see whats next .

9. ninjax

ninjax MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    so one person has an issue and what, you lose it? RaiyvaN is being kind and decent enough with you, changes the code you've posted to suit him and then asks you for help, and now you're all wha wha wha about it?

dude your code is not from the heaven's above, and definitely no better than any other code or script posted by any other member here. ANYONE could do what you did. you're nothing but ignorant to think otherwise. maybe those dislikes weren't for the script, but for you.

check your ego.

10. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #130 mdl052020, Oct 19, 2020
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot for negative response . you are a very good person cuz you responded after disliking my scripts as nobody else did. thanks a lot again.

Ques if anybody else can do it then why that many downloads of my scripts ?
    i know mostly knows to create a script like this but not all . as its simplified coding of OO.

As you said only 4 dislikes are not for the scripts but for me . thanks i like a person who say anything on face but not from behind as mostly does.

When i was asking for a help nobody does & i feel bad that mostly old members dont want to help on MDL.

You are free to comment as much negative comments as you can . you or anybody else free to do so . i dont have any problem with that. atleast that will let me know more.

11. RaiyvaN

RaiyvaN MDL Member

Sep 23, 2009
    #131 RaiyvaN, Oct 19, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    I'm here, as I said, to learn ... Study the code of the guys and contribute in what I can.

My final sentence in Saturday's message was weird.

I edited there.
    Edit: incomplete sentence "I go into silence and done." to "I go into silence and done for today (saturday).".

Only post the updates here because I tried to send PM but it gives an error when sending the MSGs to you @mdl052020.

I should have sought information on why the error was.

But as I wasn't worried that we might have an impasse, I didn't ask you to check it because I can't send you a message. My mistake ... And, I just kept addressing the possibilities of contributing directly in the public way.

When you put
    , it immediately came to mind that I will modify it with the suggestions I made previously until the tests are fine and post the changes. Another mistake of mine.

Anyway, I don't want to generate disagreement. I'm here portraying my mistakes.
    I apologize for my interference.

Note: I still haven't figured out the reason for the error I found, I tried a few different images, but to no avail. I am not renaming the ISO to Win10.iso. I'll check.

Edit: I suspect that this error may be related to the version of PowerShell I am using. Version 2.0.

12. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #132 mdl052020, Oct 19, 2020
    (OP)
    Thanks a lot . No You haven't done any mistake . infact you were doing great job. idk why n what happened so that those misunderstandings came in between. its ok please dont apoligize for anything. please read my comments about you . i am again repeating my words for you ie : Nice in one comment & You are doing great in second comment.
    I want to gave you rights to edit any post on this whole thread of mine so that your contributions n suggestions will be known to users. as you know i was the first one on MSMG thread to like n comment for your custom toolkit. still idk what has happened .
    My friend is also using this account before now i have changed this password after i see his weird comment for you on that night which i edited to Nice plus a emo. i think that guy was doing bad things to defame the project not of mine but i always say project of all of us .

Edit : I tried to figure out that why anybody is unable to send me private msgs. Now i got it as its unchecked in my profile settings . right now i have checked it . thanks again for telling me that too.

13. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Member

Dec 14, 2009
    #133 ingviowarr, Oct 19, 2020
    Are you wonder what comes on the other side?

This is not true. Even on this current page I see a lot of help topics from @RaiyvaN
    He decided to be silent once, but he still involved with help for you. I can't imagine more patience and goodwill.

I'm, personally silent, becаuse I don't want tell you about the same things in hundredth time.
    Your script is not "100 % success", because I can't use it "as it is" (from the box).
    Every time I need to delete these lines:
    Code:
    echo *****************************************************************
    echo. & color 06
    echo --- Exporting Windows 10 Pro Index From Source Wim Image to Script Path
    Powershell -Command "Export-WindowsImage -SourceImagePath 'Win10\sources\install.wim' -SourceName 'Windows 10 Pro' -DestinationImagePath 'install.wim'"
    echo. & color 17
    echo --- Moving Back Exported WIM Image to its Source Path
    move /y "install.wim" "Win10\sources\install.wim"
    We already discussed this here

As @RaiyvaN said:
    I'm completely agree with that.

Some % are useless redownloads with every your announce because you've been already asked for a version numbering for your script.

Every time I need:

- Redownload
    - Apply -SourceName fix (delete strings) for my single-Edition ISO
    - Save file
    - Compare file sizes
    - No changes...

Is it a good way of distribution? I don't think so.

-------------
    I'm still wish you good things. And I hope my small notes will help you make things better.

14. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    #134 mdl052020, Oct 19, 2020
    (OP)
    @ingviowarr You have to delete those lines because you have single index iso . whats the fault of script in it .
    have you tried latest script with wim index selection . if not please try.
    Good Point I will add txt in msg box not to use already serviced iso .
    Try a fresh ISO downloaded from adgaurd , or M$ or techbench dump or esd converted & see if size got reduced but size doesnt matter here in any scenario because we are debloating the iso not reducing its size.
    there are many other ways to reduce the size of ISO to follow the ISO tree layout as described by @Enthousiast somewhere on other thread .

15. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I know that from the beginning of our discussion.
    OK. Now I've tried "Win10AIO-Debloater" from this post, but it doesn't offer me any numbers. I'm guessing I should input "1"? (Note: just Enter is wrong, the number is a must parameter)
    No need. 1-st step - MSMG, 2-nd step - your script. (I always want to use MSMG as a 1-st step)
    I don't care about size at all.

16. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    thatswhy i am saying if you already used any tool to service your ISO then theres no any mean of using this offline debloater script as every tool works the same but with different functions.

17. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Member

Dec 14, 2009
    if you make anounces of your tool in MSMG thread, then what does it mean?...

18. mdl052020

May 31, 2020
    ok i will keep it in mind not to share any of my scripts at MSMG . thanks a lot.

19. ingviowarr

ingviowarr MDL Member

Dec 14, 2009
    You are always welcom, if you need my clear chain of logic anytime.

20. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Reducing the size of install.wim only occurs with the removal of Windows Apps. Many files are kept in WinSxS in the latest builds to maintain compatibility with Windows Update so removing System Apps with any tool will not reduce the size of the ISO it will only prevent these apps from running.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...