Win7 activation problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by 3xoskelet, Mar 17, 2015.

1. 3xoskelet

3xoskelet MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    Well.. I have a problem. I bought a Compaq notebook yesterday with UEFI and windows 8.1.
    I managed to downgrade to windows 7 and in the end I tried to activate it using windows loader 222 but it isn't working. When I open the Windows Loader.exe in the status field I get the message << Unsupported partition table >>
    What should I do?

Excuse me if my thread isn't posted where it should be. I'm not an experienced forum user.
    Thank you!

2. SystemRename

SystemRename MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    Hi, 3xoskelet. I'm new here as well, but I believe i ran across a solution to your problem while trying to fix mine. I'm going to quote the Daz loader readme:

"
    Q. The loaders status says "Unsupported partition table", why is this?
    A. You're either using GPT on a UEFI motherboard or you've got a locked OEM partition. Both problems can be fixed by fully formatting your entire hard drive.

The loader doesn't work when the systems using GPT. The workaround is to pre-format your hard drive so that it uses MBR instead.
    From your BIOS select to boot the Windows DVD without UEFI, press and hold SHIFT and then press F10 and then enter this:

diskpart
    list disk
    select disk 0
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=ntfs quick
    "

There are other ways for reformat your drive. I prefer to use Gparted, which is available as part of most Linux distros or as a stand-alone bootable iso (gparted.org). Just make sure you use Master Boot Record (MBR) for the partition table, and NTFS for the filesystem. Unfortunately, you will have to re-install windows and anything else you have added, but since you just started, it shouldn't be too bad.

Hope this helps.

3. 3xoskelet

3xoskelet MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    And in order to pre format my hard drive i have to go in bios or i could just do it in cmd?

4. oldsh_t

oldsh_t MDL Expert

Dec 23, 2009
    Using Daz's method you have to do it from the BIOS. I don't believe that windows will allow you to format itself while it is running.
    And remember that this will wipe your whole disc so back up what you don't want to lose.

5. 3xoskelet

3xoskelet MDL Novice

Mar 17, 2015
    Well I tried to do it in bios but I just don't know how; could you please explain to me step by step;
    Secure boot is already disabled
    Legacy boot is enabled.
    Do I have to start booting from the DVD and then press SHIFT + F10
    And if that's the case: At what exact moment shouldI press the buttons?
    I know that most of you consider this questions a little stupid but that's it... I just don't know.

6. Capum130

Capum130 MDL Member

Jan 25, 2011
    #6 Capum130, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
    at the begining when you pick language and input or later when you pick hard drive* to install.
    when you at it follow the commands from loader readme:
    diskpart
    list disk
    select disk (number)
    clean
    convert mbr
    create partition primary
    select partition 1
    format fs=ntfs quick

close cmd window and continue with installation. never tried it, but F5 might refresh the installer current window. Remember to specify the size and select appropriate row before click next in the *hard drive and partition window.

7. 2020vision

2020vision MDL Novice

Mar 20, 2015
    Thanks - solved my issue