win7 activation

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by hawkeyefxr, Apr 13, 2013.

1. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    Hi first post here so i hope this is the right section for this.
    I have a new Nspire laptop from Novatech, i have installed win7 home premium.
    Tried to use the win loader, it runs but the install button is greyed out.
    I have altered bios but it is a very basic bios unlike Megatrends. Everything i tried will either refuse to let me install or worse still refuse to let me access the drive.
    I have had the unsupported hard drive message but the only SATA settings i have are IDE or ACHI. IDE does not work at all
    This only happens on the new laptop, my old one (2 years) and 2 towers no trouble at all.

2. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    You have installed Windows in UEFI/GPT mode.

Consult the readme of Daz's loader to install Windows in MBR mode.

3. hawkeyefxr

hawkeyefxr MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2013
    I found the problem thanks to this forum. I read a few more posts and altered the bios to unprotect the hard drive at boot.

Tito
    I kinda expected a little more help, i did read the readme but it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I see your a clever guru being an adviser an all. I know my question was dim, dumb, stupid but as i did not understand it was a royal PITA trying to sort it out.
    I belong the a biker forum and we get guys come on asking mundane questions but they are not to the person asking, we help them out as they are there because they do not know. It may well have been asked hundreds of times but they get a helpful reply.
    I expect i may get booted from here now, if i do then it's not a forum for me. You have a nice day.
    Hawkeye

4. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    no issues around here like that. (your not nikos..lol)

5. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    It is always expected that the user first read (thats why there are stickies) on the topic and then post any query on it.

You may post more questions.... we are here to share knowledge.

:hug2:

6. locob

locob MDL Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Can't see what was your problem with Tito's reply?
    He gave you a simple answer to your question and where to get the info to correct it.

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    hes saying hes used to abusive behavior towards noobs in other forums so hes sorta expecting it.. but non given