Win7 and Acronis True Image Home 2009

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bchat, Dec 1, 2008.

1. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Have been able to get ATI 2009 to install in the 32 bit version, not the 64 bit version.
    Anybody been able to do so, and if so, how?
    I tried using the Troubleshooter Wizard - no luck.
    I do have it installed in Vista 64 bit.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    I have it installed in Vista Home Premium 32 bit
    I have it installed in Vista Ultimate 64 bit
    I have it installed in Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit.

I guess it meets all requirements, unless I missed something.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. HSChronic

HSChronic MDL Expert

Aug 25, 2007
    the driver is not signed and the installer probably does a check for this and will not install it. Most x64 software that will not install is due to the drivers not working on x64 Win7 because of the version number.

4. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    Thanks - I have tried everything I can think of to get it to install in the 64 bit version - no luck. It is the only program I cannot get to install in the 64 bit version.

Is there away around this?

5. Bat21UK

Bat21UK MDL Novice

May 24, 2007
    did you have any luck get this to work

6. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    #6 bchat, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
    (OP)
  7. bchat

bchat MDL Smart Azz

Nov 7, 2008
    OK - thanks

8. Belarathon

Belarathon MDL Senior Member

Nov 21, 2007
    Nope. Couldn't get it to install. I tried Acronis Echo Server and that somehow corrupted my drive...couldn't even install Windows afterward. Eventually restored my Vista image and fixed it.

I'm running Symantec Backup Exec on Win7 x64 now...works great.
    Also, Norton 360 beta 3 installs perfectly on Win7, but it's not Symantec Endpoint, that's for sure.

9. 1clicc

1clicc MDL Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Even tho ATI install properly i don't even know if it could restore your current backup that you made it ATI properly. If i were you i would make two backup in case one in ATI and one with window full backup. Than try to restore it using ATI to see if it could restore it properly. I remember when Vista first came out and i was using ATI on vista but it didn't restore my backup properly so now i'm just sticking with window full backup.

10. westmassguy

westmassguy MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2007
    The other alternative is to boot with the Acronis recovery cd, and do the backup from there. I've used this method many times.