WIN7 cert won't install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rogerdarabbit, May 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rogerdarabbit

rogerdarabbit MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    SLIC Toolkit says I have my SLIC is validated with GBT GBTUACPI

I used an old WIN7 MSDN x86 retail DVD that worked for me a long time ago.

I installed one the SLP OEM product keys

BUT WIN7 still wants me to activate in 28 days and SLIC Toolkit still says "No OEM Certificate found!".

I run all as administrator and tried Opatool and command line which tell me my Gigabyte cert installs correctly but nothing ever works. Still same win7/cert messages as above.

HELP!

2. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Have you tried restarting the computer :)

Also you might want to try using the daz loader if your computer doesn't need the loader it will just install the serial and the cert.

3. rogerdarabbit

rogerdarabbit MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    i tried restarting a few times. I installed a few times with the success message each time for both methods. I wanted to avoid using any loaders if I already went through all the trouble of inserting SLIC. Any other ideas?

4. 3sidedcube

3sidedcube MDL Member

Oct 1, 2009
    So you checked with Slic toolkit and it says you have Gigabyte Slic in Bios
    Did you then run the script to install the win 7 cert on your win 7 installation and then use a OEM Gigabyte product key.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rogerdarabbit

rogerdarabbit MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    Daz loader shows status as Trial (Untouched). Profile tab shows Gigabyte SLIC & Cert with Acer ULtimate Serial.

I ran the loader and it looks like it worked. How do I know if it is loading itself with windows or if I didn't need it?

6. hbhb

hbhb MDL Expert

Dec 15, 2010
    Daz isnt gonna load with anything, it just inserts the cert and key; dont worry about it.
    Basically the loader did what wasn't successful to be accomplished manually for some reason,

7. rogerdarabbit

rogerdarabbit MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009
    awesome thanks, daz is all I needed then. This was a lot easier for me when win7 came out for some reason.

8. jlgager

jlgager MDL Developer

Oct 30, 2009
    Glad we were able to help!
    :closed: