Win7 Crashes with All RAM Occupied

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by zedbra, Jun 14, 2010.

1. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    i know this is probably a hardware or driver issue, it seems to me the memory is creating the conflict. Anyway here's the story:

MSI Mobo (1156) Intel chip
    i5 775 Quad CPU
    HSI 1GB DDR3 PCIe 2.0 card
    2 Pair- Duel Channel 4GB OCZ DDR3 RAM (8GB total)

Did a Clean Install Win7 Pro(x64) populating only two slots on the mobo with the duel channel RAM. installed some basic drivers(audio, LAN,) and tested the system for several hours... no problems. installed the remaining two sticks of RAM and ran it for about an hour, then CRASH. once or twice a got the BSOD, but usually it would just crash and reboot.

doesnt matter if i were running a program, installing s/w, or just sitting idle. she would just crash... several times it would crash upon statup too. Took out the extra ram, back to 4GB and everything is running smoothly so far.

i have tried switching memory around to test the possibility of bad RAM, even ran the memory diagnostic on all the memory, all seems to be in working order

is there a setting or Hotfix that can be done for this?? im still trying to rule out driver incompatibilty, but i could use some ideas!! Thanks:)

2. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
  3. zedbra

zedbra MDL Novice

Jun 7, 2010
    WHEW!! i think we got it. i was able to install a fairly large program with drivers without crashing. once this system was running good i tried running about fifty apps at once including a dozen browser pages.... everything ran smoothly without even a hiccup. fastest setup i have built yet:)

thanks for your replies canouna!! hopefully this short thread will benefit others:D