Win7 error while reinstalling it

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Armp0wr, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#1 Armp0wr, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    well i get this weard error while i mounted the .iso from mydigitallife and clicked install..

2. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

i was there it was on the beginning, since my pc dont opens dvd's nor burning images on them realy weard,

i get this windows Install now that everyone gets when they insert the dvd but i mounted it.. and then click on that button and it says copying temporay files and then that weard eroror. could somewone help me with this:S

3. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

if rebooted and got still the same error..

4. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Are you trying to upgrade from Vista to 7 or are you trying to make an Virtual installation?
    Is this a clean ISO? And what software are you mounting it with?

5. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

no i got win7, i wanted to make a clean install, yeah the .iso from mydigitallife, MagicDisk

6. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

Hmm okay if it's from here then it should be clean since I guess they only provide links to clean ISOs.

I'm not familiar with MagicDisc, I use Daemon Tools Lite myself.

Have you tried burning the ISO and start with the disc?

7. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
    Use UltraISO or ImgBurn to burn the ISO file to a DVD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    I think it's more falesafe to extract the contents of the iso to a floder instead of mounting it. I'm not shure how upgrading from inside windows exactly works, but a some point windows has to shut downi. If setup file are needed after shutdown, which is likely to happen, that would be impossible because it can't acces the mounted iso (wich is actually a driver). When you extract it the files are still accesable on the hdd, so you'd have more chance doing it this way. Afterall the most failsafe way is just burning the iso like it is meant to do.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#10 Armp0wr, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    (OP)
  10. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

#11 JaguarXJ12, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    (OP)
  11. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

#12 Armp0wr, Jul 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2010
    (OP)
    FIXED THIS :D JUST UNINSTAL GOOGLE DESKTOP :D

thanks are open if you had this problem too

12. JaguarXJ12

JaguarXJ12 Guest

I'm sceptic but hey if you said that fixed it so I'm happy for you.
    Congrats!

13. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

Yea thankyou , I'm on my iPod now and I think that it installs windows again and not deleting my previous windows. Can I delete my previous windows and that windows.old file that will come? I want to get my C: cleaned youknow :p

14. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    Yes you can, it's even cleaner if you boot from usb (not your ipod, when you make your ipod bootable it needs to be restored with itunes), delete the partition and install windows in empty space

15. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

No ... I installed trough mounting but I my c:\ is 214gb but I have 64 hb left how can I delete my previous one?

16. Stannieman

Stannieman MDL Guru

Sep 4, 2009
    If you don't need copy files from windows.old to the fresh windows then you can safely delete that folder.

17. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

I don't say that I say how can I get rid of all used memory from my old win7?
    Could you or somewone else do it trough teamviewer :p?

18. Armp0wr

Armp0wr Guest

my question is now how can i delete all my old junk XD