Win7 from RAMdisk Activation Issues

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by The Archivist, Jan 12, 2021.

1. The Archivist

The Archivist MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2021
    If I've offended some forum protocol by posting this in the wrong place, forgive me. I'm new here. One of the mods can move my thread if necessary.

I found this forum because of Microsoft Toolkit, which I've just recently downloaded and used (or attempted to). Windows Loader by Daz has always worked for me, but now that I've installed Windows 7 to a .VHD file (so I can run it in a RAMdisk), it's suddenly impotent. I'm using the same install disc that it always works on. So trying to solve the problem, I started looking for more capable tools. But MS Toolkit seems unable to budge anything, either. I'm no "hapless techno-weenie", but SLIC tables and KMS servers aren't things I've ever dealt with before. I'm hoping one of the gurus here can help me troubleshoot this.

I've got an MGADiag dump and whatever else info is needed. Please, and thank you!

2. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Regarding KMS (MS Toolkit), Windows 7 MUST be either the Professional or the Enterprise Edition. The other Editions, including Ultimate, do not support KMS activation at all.

3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ? There is no MTK website, all "official" websites are fake, MDL is the only official host.

4. The Archivist

The Archivist MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2021
    Are you certain? Someone did a fine job of building a fake, if so; usually I can tell.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Most will mention a daz team, doesn't exist, others claim KMS can activate all win 7, also not happening, and some even inject the executables with some candy nobody wants, etcetc...

6. The Archivist

The Archivist MDL Novice

Jan 3, 2021
    Do you have any ideas on how I can get this stupid Windows activated?