Win7 Network keeps dropping connection for MacDrive HDs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rimmi2002, Nov 5, 2013.

1. rimmi2002

rimmi2002 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    Hi I have a main computer running OSX Mavericks and also have a HTPC running Win7 Professional x64. I have the computers networked and normally send files from the Mac to the Windows computer.

There are three HDs in the windows computer. 2 are NTFS and 1 is MAC OSX Journaled with GUID partition table. The Windows computer reads this with MacDrive 8 (latest version).

The issue is when I network to the PC I can transfer files fine between the Mac and the NTFS partitions. Whenever I try to open a folder on the MacOSX Journaled partition though the mac the network connection gets dropped. This has happened 10/10 times. Can't get into those folders. Any idea on how to fix this? do I need Mac Drive 9 (though I though it was mostly for Windows 8) or something else needs to be fixed here. Please advice. Thanks.

2. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Have you asked this question on any Apple forums? Just guessing of course, but if your problem is Apple related, you might get a better response from that bunch.

Just me, but I'd make the Windows 7 PC the main computer and simplify everything all around.

3. rimmi2002

rimmi2002 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    I did ask on mac rumors. No luck there either. I like the Mac as the desktop and the PC as the HTPC. Networking was never a problem to NTFS drives, but now with mac formatted drive on Windows I guess it is. Weird. Upgraded to macdrive 9 and no change.

4. rimmi2002

rimmi2002 MDL Novice

Aug 2, 2010
    I guess found out on macdrive's support site that is does not allow folders to be networked through it.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    I guess the Apple bois had the answer all along.