Win7 not genuine even after token restore and Daz's Loader install

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by jubinell, Mar 3, 2010.

1. jubinell

jubinell MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    Hi,

I have Windows 7 Ultimate. My exact build is:
    7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255
    according to Daz's Windows 7 Loader v1.7.7
    My laptop is lenovo T61p.

I installed this version of Windows 6 months ago. At that time I activated with Orbit30 and Hazar's Loader (version 1.5). Everything worked great. I then read about the RemoveWat technique so I applied that on top of O&H. Everything was still OK.

Then a few hours ago (March 4, 2010) I started seeing the "This copy of Windows is not genuine" watermark at the bottom right of my desktop. Then my wallpaper goes black, and upon restarting the computer I was confronted with 2 pop-up messages that preaches about evilness in this world.

However my Windows was still usable (thank God the days when you'd be automatically locked out of your own computer upon de-activation are gone). I then did the following:

1. Restored the tokens (manually using command line instructions from the Windows 7 Repository thread). I did not forget to restart my computer twice.
    2. Uninstall O&H 1.5
    3. Download Daz's 1.7. The program tells me my version was "untouched." Great, I went ahead to installed then restarted.
    ???
    The problem persists, Daz's 1.7 tells me my Windows is still untouched.

I then unstill Daz's 1.7, repeated steps 1~3 but restoring the tokens using O&H (version 1.6) 's activation repair function first. Still nothing is working.

Is this new problem coming from a recent Microsoft update?

-Thank you in advance for your help

2. venu

venu MDL Addicted

Oct 16, 2009
    what key did you install with?

3. Rosco

Rosco MDL Addicted

Oct 29, 2007
    It is an IBM/Lenovo key but not the one released before Win 7 went RTM so probably NOT blacklisted.

If your laptop is a Lenovo it shouldn't need a loader - shouldn't it have a legit SLIC in the BIOS ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    It sounds like your problem is still the fact that you have not removed RemoveWAT, at least not according to your info. I am guessing that because RemoveWAT is installed it is flagging you as pirated. What edition of RemoveWAT are you using? I know there was an older version that was having issues like this. If you still have no luck try Hazar's new RemoveWAT 2.2.5 dude. BTW I would reinstall windows 7 by a fresh install. Then either use Daz's loader or RemoveWAT 2.2.5, your call. But I would definately reinstall because of all the cracks you installed at once.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    In addition to checking if you've uninstalled "RemoveWAT", after fixing what has caused your machine to be flagged as non-genuine, you have to revalidate (on Microsoft's genuine validation page) or try rearming. It won't magically check again and unflag the machine.

6. jubinell

jubinell MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    Hmm...I will go ahead and try to uninstall removeWAT for now (although that is proving to be somewhat of a problem because the program doesn't register anywhere on my computer and I can't find the original file).
    Will report back to you guys.

7. WinFLP

WinFLP MDL Senior Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Try downloading RemoveWAT again. In the program there will be an option to uninstall RemoveWAT.

8. sam3971

sam3971 MDL Guru

Nov 14, 2008
    I would still completely reinstall windows 7 to clear all that crap out. Then activate however you want. Remember to use one loader/remover at a time, failure to do so can lead to more problems like you are having dude.

9. jubinell

jubinell MDL Novice

Mar 3, 2010
    Hmm...I downloaded the latest RemoveWAT (RemoveWAT22.exe) but at the opening screen there are no options to uninstall the previous version of it??
    Perhaps I didn't install it after all? Or is it possible that this latest version doesn't recognize the work done by a previous version?

In any case, I installed it, restarted the computer, and in the last 10 minutes I can confirm that the watermark "not genuine" sign is NOW gone.

Not sure what conclusions could be drawn from this exercise, but in any case thank you all for the help!

@sam3971 I usually re-install once a year...so yeah if beside the black wallpaper I don't get any other problems I would wait another 6 months for it :) Thanks for the tip though!

10. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    If you have any more activation problems I would suggest reloading, after all you MAY have remove wat installed over Daz's Loader, over remove wat, over orbit and hazar's loader AND an attempt to restore the tokens. I am surprised the darn thing boots up at all now.