win7 partition manger

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by id1x, Apr 5, 2010.

1. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    hi . this is kinda weird . i fee all hard drive space 700 gb then i started making
    c , d, e , f

but after i create c it says windows needs a reserve partition 0 = 100 mb

then win i reach e it says partition limits are reached because i already have 4 with that
    stupied 0 partition

and i cant make an f partition at the same time that i dont know oe want that extra reserve
    partition . so what is the dig here ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. iamanoob

iamanoob MDL Senior Member

Feb 28, 2010
    Windows disk management tool says that ONLY 4 partitions can be created in ONE HDD.Either 3 primary partitions and one extended partition OR 4 primary partition.

But ANY NUMBER of partitions can be made in extended partition(inside extended partition,any number of logical partitition can be created).They are called LOGICAL DRIVE.But only 4 BASIC partitions.

* You can bypass Windows' Restriction by using a third party software .. like OO.PartitionManager.Pro

3. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
    double-post
    please delete

4. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #5 id1x, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    (OP)
    its ok ill do with 3 partions . can i format them from the setup screen or better from windows after installation is done on c?

btw i dont see that extra 0 system partition in windows partition screen . is that the way it is ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. frisbee66

frisbee66 MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
  6. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    its not about right or wrong . its about simplicity some times . am not gonna make a 700 gb c: drive but
    i really never used that E: driver .

c: = 100 gb for os
    d: = 200 gb for data and downloads
    e: = 400 gb for games and installed programs

what am gonna lose with that 100 mb drive when i have 700 gb ? ill never really use more than 200 gb at all times .

7. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
  8. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    u know what ? i can just slide in the old winxp cd and setup the partitions i need then exit setup . but i dont see a need
    for that . but still . that was a silly and stupid thing to make from Microsoft side to claim a whole partition for
    there stupid files .

9. Zaphire

Zaphire MDL Novice

Apr 14, 2009
    This may not be such a good idea as I believe XP used a slightly different type of partitioning to that used by Vista and Win7.
    This is why the old Partition Magic shouldn't now be used with Vista and Win 7.
    Use Paragon or the other up to date tools mentioned above.

10. blackranger

blackranger MDL Senior Member

Dec 28, 2009
  11. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    #12 id1x, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
    (OP)
  12. frisbee66

frisbee66 MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    First you start a thread with this:

Then when the kind people here start answering, you get into arguing with them, ignore their help and links and then say...........
    wah wah - I dont need the partition who cares?

What is wrong with you?
    Were you hit by a car when you were a child?
    If you dont want an answer - DONT ASK THE QUESTION!!!

13. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    i beg ure pardon sir , but am i getting flamed here ? ill be glad to let u hear the kind of reply ure kind deserve and u will be reported
    to admins for insulting . because i will refrain from getting banned by talking to u .

here is what happened from a civlized point of view :

i found that the partition sys in win7 is different from the one in xp so i asked haw dose that system work
    they said if u need 4 partitions u need to use additional tools
    i said no thanks ill keep up with the current setting of 3 partitions
    u wanna force me to buy that 80 $ partition magic or u wanna buy it for me ? when u already know
    i didnt buy my os at first place ?

was just a normal thread until u pop up with that post that i will report it to admin . and further insults from you without admin protection
    will force me to let u hear what i got in hand for u . then cause me to get banned .

14. iamanoob

Feb 28, 2010
  15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ id1x, Partition Wizard 4.2.2 link given on post 6 is free it can even make bootable cd. handy tool to have .

16. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    ok thanks . but still no need to get angry . i didnt do anything . am new here and i dont want to make a bad impression .

its clear that
    frisbee66 is a power user and i didnt understand half of what he said and linked . it seemed eaiser to me just to use the
    default windows even if i lost a partition . i was just asking if its a normal thing to do . nothing to be angry of . thanks anyway .

17. Whiznot

Whiznot MDL Member

Nov 5, 2009
    You should compare ratings of several free partition utilities but be sure to include Easeus Partition Master. Windows 7 functionality of the free version is 32 bit only. A couple of weeks ago the pro version was offered for free but the offer is not on at this time.

18. id1x

id1x MDL Junior Member

Mar 12, 2010
    ahhh man , every buddy think that all the people are computer professors . i just like to play games to kill time
    and read some silly web sites . but to play u need a good system and a good os .

been using xp for ages now and i learned its ways for what i need it for . u wouldnt believe the troubles i have been through
    to learn get win7 and its drivers to work its been 6 weeks now since i am lurking on forums and fetching drivers
    am just not into more of this i know its not so hard to learn and use a disc manager but the win setup is
    just easier . and dosnt matter anymore if like they said it dosnt effect the pc or anything .

that fresbi guy thought i knew what i was doing but that i just wanted to argue . wihch is not true .
    am trying to do the right setup but as easy as possible .

as we talk now i screwed up with the os lol trying to play borderlands i thought win7 had the latest direct x
    because it says dx 11 so i messed with frame work and stuff and my mb drivers got messed up .
    i need to format again and reinstall . 24/7 now am from one issue to another i got depressed and growed
    a beard :eek: so dont be surprised if i passed by on issues and jumped by on
    shortcuts . well as long as it wont hurt .

19. Trinket

Trinket MDL Senior Member

Feb 20, 2010