Win7 Realtek Audio Manager/Equalizer problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Yazen14, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    #1 Yazen14, Aug 12, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
    Well, I got a new PC few days ago and installed Win7 to it, I am using this OS for first time, I got an Nvidia motherboard & sound drivers of it, the problem is, there isn't equalizer in the control panel, when I had my other PC with WindowsXP, I had Realtek generic drives installed, and there was an "Audio Manager" with equalizer in the control panel which was very useful to me, also the equalizer had some option that I could plug headset in the front of my CPU and the speakers in the back, and I could talk with the headset and listen music with the horns without it mixing the audio, now this Nvidia drivers don't have anything like this.

I tried downloading the Realtek drives from its current official page:

Realtek,com,tw/downloads (dots instead of commas I can't post links)

But, there is 2-3 options, "AC'97 Audio Codecs (Software)" and "High Definition Audio Codecs (Software)"

I have downloaded & installed all downloads available of both options none seem to work, and the AC97 one can't even be installed it keeps saying "this software doesn't have signature Windows can't verify if its legal" or something similar I keep clicking "install anyway" but it just keep popping up the same message and so I can't install it, and when I install the High Definition Audio Drivers (codecs) it install and it appears installed as a program but there isn't Audio Manager in the control panel nor the equalizer, I don't know what to do, I took the AC97 folder and tried running the RTLCPL which is the Audio Manager/Equalizer and it appears in red the Directx 11 version which I have, and the rest greyed out, I think my Directx version isn't compatible, so I looked how to uninstall my directx to get an older one like Directx 9.0c, well apparently this is impossible and the only program which seems legit "Directx Happy Uninstall" has to be registered, and there isn't way to find a cracked version, I have spent 3 or more days doing this, I am just tired and pretty mad, I wanna know if there is a way to uninstall the Directx version and install an older one, but then again there isn't warranty that the Realtek Audio Drivers will be installed and if so no warranty that Audio Manager will appear in the control panel, nor work properly, what should I do? I am not an expert about sound or motherboards or anything, the sound works properly, if there isn't way to install Realtek and I kind of don't want to install it now, I want an equalizer that does the same job or better than Realtek Audio Manager did, but there seems to be no pages or anything about this, I don't want just to equalize Windows Media Player, or equalize every song and stuff I want, I want a whole equalizer when I play games or watch YouTube or whatever all will be Pre-Equalized, Audio Manager's Equalizer was not even the big thing it could equalize only like 6-7 strings there are 32 strings equalizers I just want an average decent and properly working one I hope somebody can help me and sorry if this was posted in the wrong area I am new here...

Edit: It has Win7 Ultimate installed, video card 1024mb Nvidia, Hard Drive of 1000 Gigabytes, and 1 gigabyte of RAM memory if more info about is needed just ask.

2. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    What's Brand of Pc you've got, What serial or model number?.

windsman.

3. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    #3 Yazen14, Aug 12, 2012
    (OP)
    ADM Sempron 3 Ghz, 145 processor & Nvidia GeForce 210

4. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Well, I'd give you all information if I knew where and how to look up this, I was looking at the boxes there are few, 1 says Biostar mainboard N68S3B, the other one says 1024MB DDR3 GeForce 210 Nvidia EVGA, and a small one says ADM Sempron processor

5. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    I downloaded & ran that program, and I got this screenshot

imgur,com/tPz8v.png (dots instead of commas)

6. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    I'm downloading the audio driver now, how do I uninstall the audio drivers? When I ran the Nvidia drivers it not only installed video drivers but it also installed audio drivers, in the "Programs and features" tab in the control panel, it appears like this I believe if I remove the Nvidia audio drivers, it will also remove the video drivers.

imgur,com/jen6E.png

If I go "Device Manager" in the control panel, there appear 5 drivers installed or something, 4 of them say Nvidia and one of them just High Definition Audio Device here is the screenshot

imgur,com/QHOyF.png

-Sorry about my lack of knowledge I am a quick learner but I never went into these areas before.

7. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Sorry but i can't see your screenshot.

Just uninstall the realtek one. But before go to Programms and features and if you've got a realtek audio programm installed, uninstall it before, normally it uninstall the driver in same time.

windsman.

don't forget to restart your computer before install the newone.

8. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Don't be sorry Yazen14, No Human was born with computer knowledge, we all learn how to.

windsman.

9. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Just replace the commas with dots before "com".

1st one.
    i.imgur,com/jen6E.png

2nd one.
    i.imgur,com/QHOyF.png

There isn't Realtek installed nor in the Programs and Features, nor in the Device Manager all is installed is what is shown on the screenshots

10. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Ok, it's appears that no realtek driver was installed or your computer, so you have just to install the new one. But now i can see your screenshot and i see you've got ccleaner installed, Do a clean, restart and install the driver you've just downloading on biostar website.

windsman.

11. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    So if you look in the specifications tab of your motherboard, the codec audio is via VT, no realtek, the realtek one is for you lan, and if you look in device manager no driver is not installed (otherwise you've got yellow color on it),so for me all drivers are installed.

The High Definition Audio Device listed is the generic one provide by M$.

windsman.

12. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    #14 Yazen14, Aug 12, 2012
    (OP)
    I wish there was a better and bigger way to give you thanks, I just ran Ccleaner, installed it, and worked just perfect, I've got a "VIA HD Audio Dec" gadget which has far more functions than my older PC, including the equalizer, I just realized all the time I've wasted trying to do something that I couldn't I am really going to sleep good tonight man lol, thanks a lot for the help!

Out of this subject, but not to make a new thread, I have a CTR monitor which I will dump eventually, but the thing is, it has few bottoms in the panel in the front part of it, it's supposed the screen size (not resolution) is adjusted with them, they got messed up lot of time ago, and there isn't reset-defaults button, nor a CD or anything and calibrating that manually it's impossible I have wasted hours trying it always get messed up, I calibrated it enough to see my screen properly but the corners and so on are not exactly properly and if I change the resolution from 1280 x 1024 to something lower, there are not higher available and this one its ok, if I change it, it mess up the entire screen and I'd have to configure manually the monitor, doesn't exist a software that could adjust the whole screen size properly and fit its borders and all, without having to do it manually? I am ok with the screen as it is but I can't really try out other resolutions or anything, model: Siragon C1700F, of 17 inches I believe.

I mean not the bottoms got messed up, the values that the bottoms calibrate got messed up.

13. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Yazen, cool now it's ok.

For your Monitor, i think you can do something with the nvidia control panel (the soft which manage you graphic card), green icon in system tray or in control panel, normally with that you can control size color etc.....

windsman.

14. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    This is a discontinued monitor and very few were produced, I couldn't find, nor I believe there is still drive support for it, for starting it never came with a driver CD or so, I went to the GeForce website & I am downloading the latest driver for the video card it auto-detected it, so there isn't mistake that this is the correct one, however in the website it says this:

About Your GPU
    GeForce 210

Your device does not support:
    DirectX 11
    3D Vision
    PhysX
    CUDA
    SLI

I've got DirectX 11 (I did the scan) is there a way to uninstall and re-install an older version? Although I don't play many games I want it full compatible and so on, there seems to be impossible to uninstall DirectX and re-install an older or more stable version

Edit: Shall I uninstall the previous installed Nvidia driver and install the new one? Or I install over the installation?

15. windsman

windsman MDL Expert

Jan 11, 2010
    Directx11 is native with windows 7 so you'd better to touch nothing.

For your driver you don't have to uninstall the previous one just select custom install when you run setup, and after untick the live update option and tick perform clean install.

windsman.

16. Yazen14

Yazen14 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Done installing, it fixed the screen and everything perfect, shall I worry about the DirectX not being supported by the video card? I hope that gives me no problems.

Thanks a lot man! I really appreciate it!