win7 ultimate 64bit, started getting "not genuine pop up" after installing updates

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by h4z3, Apr 18, 2012.

1. h4z3

h4z3 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    i installed the windows 7 ultimate 64bit edition

after using it fine for like 2 months i finally decided to install all the imporant & optional updates through the windows update

after installing them and restarting, i started getting a "your windows is not genuine" pop up, wtf... when i go to my system it says "You must activate today"

how do i remove this s**t and make it genuine?

2. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    What loader were you using prior to this nongenuine message? And how did your system remain genuine for 2 months?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FFManHole

FFManHole MDL Member

Nov 27, 2009
    @ sid_16

My guess is his copy of Win 7 is pre-activated, AIO, BIE tampered, etc and/or maybe he's been using the rearm option before attempting to make his Win 7 genuine. An MGADiag report would help to check the 'health' of his system.

4. sid_16

sid_16 MDL Giveaway Organiser

Oct 15, 2011
    ^^
    Yes, may be you're right and a MGADIAG report will be useful for the analysis by the experts.
    thanks,
    sid_16.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. h4z3

h4z3 MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2011
    i posted my report in the
    [h=3]Windows Loader - Support and chat[/h]thread

6. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    click Get Genuine... and Activate.... 99% of the time M$ will check verify - activate and your good as good.

7. larry697

larry697 MDL Novice

Feb 6, 2013
    Win7 not genuine pop up

I have win 7 loader 2.2 by Daz but suddenly now I am getting Not Genuine pop up. Status is registered. Diagnostic is attached.

Attached Files:

8. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    :rolleyes: not the path to enlightenment my good man, woman?

fyi h4z3, In that batch of updates you should have unchecked the one concerning
    WindowsActivationTechnology >>> KB971033 <<<

If you n00b or just time limited & want to check for updates automagicly many choose to select "Check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them"

Then you can intelligently pick and choose...
    If your going to stick around a good place to start reading would be here:
    The Official Windows 7 Repository & Microsoft Windows 7 Updates Compatibility Center.

Look for those and other links in many member signatures.

Welcome to mdlf :rasta: :camp_fire:

9. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    #11 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider, Feb 6, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
    My mistake...

was prolly thinking to myself he selected all without reading, then got caught up in the colors thinking what he might have done, hehe lol day off of work too much sfv, or not enough?

Thank you for catching that & the pictures jay... :worthy: :D