Win7 x64 BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by leaph, Oct 19, 2009.

1. leaph

leaph MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2008
    My Win7 x64 crashed yesterday and today (twice altogether). In both cases minidump analysis reported: "Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+71f00 )"

In my opinion the problem should be attributed to one of the updates I have installed, however, I have no idea which one.

I'm posting some screen shots which show my list of updates.

In these screenshots you can see that finally all my updates succeeded, some of them only at the second or third attempt. The update we should look for is before the 18th since I installed the last six updates after the first crash.

Could you please help me find out which update is to blame for this? Thank you.

Capture1.jpg

Capture2.jpg

Capture3.jpg

2. NiHiLisT

NiHiLisT MDL Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I had that one,too. Only occurred when I brought the system back from sleep and played a 3D application. Same error at my friends notebook. Guess will be fixed by M$ with a hotfix or update through WU.

EDIT: I did not install any updates except those from WU, by now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. rab2

rab2 MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2009
    I had this about 3 times in a row this morning on booting. First reboot after installing :
    * Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (KB973924)
    * nVidia - Display - NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT

System had been sleeping a number of times in between. After going into safe mode to look at the logs (nothing useful) it seems to be working fine again.