Win8.1 - disable driver signature reinforcement - automation?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by qriozum, Oct 19, 2013.

1. qriozum

qriozum MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2013
    Welcome.
    I ask to be sure that it is known to you a way to force the Windows 8.1 x64 to turn off when you start checking the driver signature?

Now, after upgrading to Win8 for Win8.1 - I had "from the beginning" to install the drivers that do not have a signature (HASP Emulator - MultiKey) .
    DSO1.3b does not work (ie not make changes ) for the mode "Test mode" .
    I started the "manual" mode checking signatures to force drivers - and then installed the driver "Multikey" and tried to go "sign" in DSO1.3b. After reboot, the driver is oczywście with a yellow exclamation mark.

Changes in Bcdedit contribute nothing (only you can see the trademark on the lower right screen).
    Edit GPEdit - also does not bring a solution.

I have no idea how to force Windows to without having to wade through the bootloader menu - boot from the forced exclusion of checking signatures your drivers?

For as manually choose the "7" is the driver is no yellow exclamation point and everything works without any problems .

It's "only" about automating the process of booting from a particular option.

BTW - is it possible or "appending" to the image of such a driver installation CD Win8.1 and the driver then he or she will be seen "as a properly signed" ?

greetings
    q.

2. bellasi

bellasi MDL Novice

Jan 8, 2014
    Hi is there a way to sign driver on windows 8 x64 without disabling driver signature enforcement on every windows startup please.

3. Mr Jinje

Mr Jinje MDL Expert

Aug 19, 2009
    Yes it costs about $100 and is called a driver signing certificate. The trick is you have to buy it from one of the few companies that Microsoft has imported into the trusted root of windows 8

4. KNARZ

KNARZ MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2012
    #4 KNARZ, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    since w8/81 testsigning only works on activated systems.
    took me a whole day to find this out.

so you can make DSO1.3b work again (sign sys file)
    and not ever certificate store has the 'power' to sign your driver. only root and some other.

also installed drivers (in driverstore!) that are signed but the certificate will apply afterwards (like for fresh install with drivers and like importing the certificat with setupcomplete.cmd) won't work. the certificat has to be on the system while installing self-signed driver. (or all afterwards)