Win8 and MSN Messenger

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by cyberbot, Nov 23, 2012.

1. cyberbot

cyberbot MDL Senior Member

Jul 30, 2011
    hey guys, what happend to Msn Messenger? i can find it anywhere and can't install it on Win8 Pro!

2. h3llo

h3llo MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2012
    #3 h3llo, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
    Can try the portable version of MSN.

Download: softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat/Instant-Messaging/amsn.shtml

{{ If you're a day-to-day user of Windows Live Messenger but you still can't get along with its interface, it's probably the time to try an alternative that provides the same functions as the original. One of those utilities is aMSN, a software solution specifically designed to serve as the perfect replacement for WLM.

aMSN is cross-platform and comes with almost all the features you can find in Windows Live Messenger. The interface is quite user friendly and with all its functions easily accessible from the main window.

Just as one would expect, with aMSN you can do the same things as with WLM, which means you can chat with your online friends, send files, play games, view or broadcast images via your connected webcam, send nudges, set avatars and many more.}}

3. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    Thank you guys,so you mean i can log in to the skybe with my msn account? what about facebook is there is a apps for it yet ?

5. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    You can log in skype with FB account or Microsoft's one (messenger, hotmail, outlook) :)

6. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    so there is no facebook apps yet for windows 8? if you log in with your facebook account on skybe you won't be able to post on the walls ect... or not?

7. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    Open IE, go to Facebook, pin to Startscreen...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. cyberbot

Jul 30, 2011
    of course i know this, but i am asking for the app, thank thought!