window 7 resizing + drag/drop problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by opeeum69, Nov 14, 2009.

1. opeeum69

opeeum69 MDL Junior Member

Jan 29, 2008
    I upgraded to windows 7 from vista ultimate, but now I can't resize windows easily by grabbing the corner and expanding; it feels like the cursor always slips off into the background during the drag, same thing happens when I want to drag and drop an item into another folder, anyone know a solution? Thanks

2. gentoo

gentoo MDL Senior Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I haven't noticed this issue. Is this a desktop or laptop? What kind of mouse do you have and do you have the newest driver?

3. opeeum69

Jan 29, 2008
    #3 opeeum69, Nov 14, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
    (OP)
    Hi, thanks, this is a desktop and I have logitech mx 700 wireless mouse. I googled and couldn't find a driver for windows vista or windows 7.

I only noticed the problem recently so it should've been alright with vista, and I also had full battery and no obstruction between the mouse and the receiver when the problems came up.

Could I have some incorrect settings in windows 7 (like sidebar kind of thing from vista)?

Not sure if this helps, but more description:
    1) if I try move a file on desktop, I'm able to grab it and start draging it any direction I want it to go, but during the middle of the drag, the file would be put down on desktop without me letting go of the mouse click

or
    2) if I try resize an opened window by grabbing the bottom right corner (same with any corner), cursor would begin to display the normal double arrowed shape, but then would be either be unresponsive to drag, stops in the middle of drag, or bring to foreground whichever opened window that the cursor meets in the background

thanks

4. Michel

Michel MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    Weird couse setpoint is already released for windows 7, check out for the mx 5500 drivers. Those drivers will also work for other keyboards/mouses.

5. opeeum69

Jan 29, 2008
    Ok thanks you guys, I will try those out :)

6. Dontshoot

Dontshoot MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Umm. You can use setpoint from any mouse on logitech.com they are all the same. They all use the same setpoint v4.xx (Current setpoint version should be v4.80)

Just DO NOT use setpoint for the G9 or G9x mouse as they use setpoint v5.xx