Window Not Genuine After BIOS mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by weberman, Aug 6, 2010.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    #1 weberman, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    post a screen shot from slic dump toolkit. or use daz loader to install correct certificate and key. also use untouched windows 7 dvd do not use a preactivated one you downloaded if need be you can make your OEM SLP dvd.

3. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Problem Solved

Strange situation. The first computer I installed with OEM DVD I used Windows setup from inside Windows while it was running. I thought I would give that a try and low and behold it installed and is working with the Dell logo installed. (Never asked for a S/N) The last install I did was from booting from the DVD. I have no idea what difference this makes.

Sorry I can't give you a screen shot from the slic dump because I would like to have seen what went wrong.

But I am on of those get it done now types and thought I would give the above a try.

Thanks for your attempt to help me. But at least the problem, unknown why, is solved.

Thanks

Web

4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    When booting and installing from dvd if it is OEM: SLP dvd it will have a folder called $OEM$ in sources folder on the dvd this holds certificate and scripts to copy certificate and insert serial number.

5. weberman

Jun 4, 2010
    Yes, that folder is there. I used the SAME DVD, only I installed with Windows running instead of from booting. It work from running the install inside Windows.

Oh well, the gremlins are at work. I have no idea why it worked from inside Windows but not from a boot from the same DVD.

?????????????