Windows® 7 Launch Party

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by bertmace, Sep 22, 2009.

1. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #1 bertmace, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
    Congratulations... You are a Windows® 7 Launch Party host!!
    Because you were among the first host finalists to set up your party online, you are confirmed as a host and will be receiving a free party package to share with your guests shortly before the party.
    Packages will be mailed in time to arrive before your party date. Check your free party site regularly for news on what's in your package, when it's been shipped, and when you can expect it to arrive.
    Meanwhile, don't forget to use the free Guest Manager tool to manage your invite list.
    Use it to send invitations via email so your guests can join your online site when they RSVP. Don't have their email address? No problem -- use the print option, or just create a name-only record for them so they still appear on your party list.
    And while you're online, be sure to check out and upload fun photos and videos, post comments to the national party blog, and look around for other cool features.
    Please remember that information you post on the House Party website may be visible to the general public, so we advise you not to post any personally identifying information (such as last name, address, email or phone number). However, the information in your party invitations will only be visible to your guests.
    Thank you for hosting a Windows® 7 Launch Party!

2. murdercitydevil

murdercitydevil MDL Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I heard about this...so incredibly lame.

3. Hackeur

Hackeur MDL Senior Member

Jun 14, 2009
    at last some decent Party Crashing coming up !!!

nothing like coming through the "Backdoor" and dropping a few 'Wrappers' , 'Boot Twisters' and party 'Poopers' around....... even put some 'Curtains' on the Windows :rolleyes:

Hackeurs Sans Frontieres :cool:

4. mbg19

mbg19 MDL Junior Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Uhmm this gives me an idea to make a actual party lmao,"PARTY AT MY HOUSE Windows 7 Lauch celebration"

5. bertmace

bertmace MDL Member

Jul 14, 2009
    #5 bertmace, Sep 22, 2009
    (OP)
    My Applications

Windows® 7 Launch Party
    Party Date: October 22, 2009 (30 days away)

Confirmed Host
    You are a confirmed host for this event!

Your party has already been set up — enjoy the party! I just want a copy of seven that not on a dvdr

Attached Files:

6. warp-10

warp-10 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    yeah just got my party today to, its turning out to be a good day, free windows 7 :)

7. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    this is the thing where you want me to show off my 5yr old computer with 7 ultimate and the modded bios on it right?

8. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    #8 bhupeshgajria, Sep 22, 2009
    What if you are NOT selected

What is displayed if you are NOT selected. I used to see that results would be declared under "My applications" But now I see
    "You don't have any current applications. Check out the events listing to apply for upcoming events"
    Am I NOT selected :(

Now i refreshed the page and it says
    Your application was received on Thursday, September 3 2009 and is now under review.

You will be notified by email of your status on or around Monday, September 21. Good luck!

Please note: Only one application per household; multiple applications will be disqualified.

Anyone from India who has got confirmed yet, or we are waiting in the queue?

9. AMD313

AMD313 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    I was selected which is nice. Free software = best software

10. warp-10

warp-10 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    you will recieve an email first (Welcome, You’re a Finalist to Host a Windows® 7 Launch Party) then you have to fill in a few forms add contacts ect. then i got a accepted email
    hope this helps you out :)

11. AMD313

AMD313 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    yeah, that's what I did. Got my email at midnight and set it all up this morning. Was selected right away. It probably depends on how soon you sent your initial application and also how many people in your area also applied.

I hope you all get it for free! I will say this much, Ive been using it for 3 months now and I do think it's worth buying. The only legit MS software I ever owned was Vista- which is junk.

12. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    When did you get the first mail? And how many days did they take to process it?

13. AMD313

AMD313 MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    I got it today. And as soon as I logged in and confirmed everything, I got the follow up email that said congrats and that I was an official party host.

14. weinter

weinter MDL Senior Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Yep that's right this is the best publicity for Microsoft.:D

15. sbuxreg

sbuxreg MDL Novice

Aug 15, 2009
    hello fellow hosts :)

16. gouryella

gouryella MDL Novice

Sep 14, 2009
    I normally don't go in for all this kinda thing, but when I heard about it thought I would. Got an email early this morning saying I was a confirmed host, great. Read on the site that the party packs will be received by 10th October. Not really bothered if this is a cochure offer or not, but I have only ever had 1 genuine OS and that was Windows ME when I bought my 1st PC, so I think I deserve one for putting up with that for 2 years.:D

Attached Files:

17. warp-10

warp-10 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    applied for it weeks ago got the mail this morning about 5ish filled it in and accepted email was recieved straight away

18. bhupeshgajria

bhupeshgajria MDL Novice

May 10, 2007
    I had also applied on 3rd Sep. Now the confirmation mail comes from which ID?

19. gr8trstuff

gr8trstuff MDL Novice

May 6, 2008
    I think who ever signed up will be a host, I doubt anyone will be turned away.

:)

20. warp-10

warp-10 MDL Novice

Jan 29, 2008
    i think your right my brother just got his and he lives round the corner lol