Windows 10 10240 Day One install Apps Closing Instantly

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by ZeroOmegaZX, Jul 30, 2015.

1. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I have a few basically clean machines I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 yesterday and on most of them when i try to use apps like the store (which was grey on some of the machines) the apps start then immediately close.
    Any resolution for this? I was able to remedy it on one by doing another in place upgrade but id rather not as its not really the answer. The app that seems to be giving me the most trouble is the Weather App (msn weather default installed). Thanks in advance!

2. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    Solution: Uninstall the apps which are crashing. Reinstall them from Windows Store. Worked for me. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Weather is not allowed to be uninstalled, but this morning i did get a message on one PC that the app encountered an error and needed to be reinstalled, took me to the store and reinstalled it and then it wouldn't open as with the others. Also of note this mainly seems to be happening on the machines that I ran the upgrade option on the download tool.

4. AtomR

AtomR MDL Member

Oct 22, 2013
    So, only weather is crashing? If so, wait for an update. When an update is available, it'll install it. App should work this way. I think, there's a powershell solution as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I ran across the powershell article but it is for a build around January, people using it on newer builds seem to actually cause problems when running it. It seems to be the main Store and Weather app only on about 50% of my machines. The stable machines seem to be fine. I only picked up on it because I re-setup my start menu on each machine and had to go in to set the zip code. I had one machine where no Apps would work (XBOX/MUSIC/MONEY) from the same install media too. Very odd.

6. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    run the apps troubleshooter and windows update troubleshooter.
    if it persists.. refresh and create new user admin

7. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I will try running the troubleshooter on the next PC i sit down at that runs into the issue, thanks for the suggestion.

8. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Just upgraded 2 more machines from the ISO that the MS Tool can create and haven't had the problem with any of the apps. Will continue running tests.

9. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Just ran a reinstall on one of the machines having an issue, this time it did not fix 2 of the apps, weather and store..... Am going to look for the app troubleshooter......

10. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    Where is the apps troubleshooter

11. ZeroOmegaZX

ZeroOmegaZX MDL Novice

Apr 15, 2008
    I have run across an error code finally associated with the apps in the Event logs, its is error -2144927141 According to some web searches it seems to have to do with driver/security on certain files/folders. I am trying to find the correct answer for the fix. Any suggestions?