Windows 10 - 1803 - Auto Update Disable

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Deleted member 993262, Jul 14, 2018.

OMG! Windows is so so soooooo annoying with every passing year.
    I try to use all kinds of ways in regedit and with programs to shut down the auto update fuction in the latest windows release because it makes my system so slow when it updates stuff, problem is windows keeps making adjustments that make it impossible to disable the auto update crap.
    I have tried allot on this forum and nothing works. Last night i tried Wub 1.1 and it all seems to work but actually it doens't, yesterday it started downloading a very big update on the background and then it warned me that in 15 min my system needs to be restart. (it's not a virus because i have just installed a clean windows version)
    weird thing is when i look at services everything is shut down, when i look at taskbar there are some new windows programs running downloading this crap from there servers (updates) and all the software on this forum keeps telling me that auto updates are disabled but they are not.
    I keep getting these alerts even when i have disabled every security and notifications on windows with regedit.

HOW DO I KILL THIS!??

1. Yes, on start it says that update is disabled then it opens the screen and nothing there, everything disabled.

2. whitestar_999

whitestar_999 MDL Addicted

Dec 9, 2011
    So does it work.I mean after using WMUT no automatic update should happen.Also have you tried manually searching for updates within WUMT.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    I don't understand You, I use the Windows 10 own built in option to disable Windows Update and there is no problem, no updates to next version. One computer is still on version 1703 and another on version 1709. Only one is updated to current version ie to 1803 os 17134.112

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. AveYo

AveYo MDL Expert

Feb 10, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. @whitestar_999; no it doesn't, first error message as what i said later no options available.
    @kaljukass: In Home there is no built in option.
    @BAU: can you tell me if there is a option to completly disable the entire thing > updates?
    I am a guy who likes windows except all of the BS they add to the OS, i disable everything: firewall, scanners etc, i'll use my own software for that.

6. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
  7. EXO56

EXO56 MDL Member

Mar 22, 2013
    i would simply add what i wrote before somehere else in a previous thread :
    Since i used WUMT Wrapper Script by @pf100 months ago (Thanks to him & friends btw), i never heard about Windows Update anymore!

8. Perhaps because your using a older version of windows whereby the harassment of windows are not so severe. with this version WUMT wrapper does not work.

9. AeonX

AeonX MDL Addicted

May 24, 2013
    Home edition? This version of Windows has no group policy so that's why nothing works :p

WUMT Wrapper Script should be the solution

10. I tried windows update blocker already doesnt work. it says everything is blocked but actually it isn't. s**t still runs on the background and services are manually with it not disabled.

WUMT wrapper doesn't work.

Pro version has other crap that i dont need, i need basic windows the rest is garbage. and i'm the collector and recycler who tries to clean there s**t up.
    So far nothing works. any other ways?

11. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    I think you need to give more info like

What s**t still running ? when using each tool is the update working and downloading ?

Try to give info in what each tool problem so they can help

12. Ok i will.

I don't want updates to work, check, download or do anything and every program here so far does not fully disable the automatic updating. I have used so many things by now that i'm unable to say what is and what isn't working for what program.
    Lets start over with the best program and i'll describe it.

13. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Your 'basic Windows' might be uncontrollable in that regards :cool2:.

14. what i would like to have is how to disable it with registry.

15. BALTAGY

BALTAGY MDL Guide Dog

Dec 23, 2014
    You still didn't give any info except nothing works

When you tried mine or @pf100 or @BAU did the update still working and downloading ?

What exactly not blocked/Disabled ?

16. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    Upgrade to Pro to have all the abilities it needs to control Update behavior maybe :thinking:.