Windows 10 2004 and Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by TecMan, Jul 8, 2020.

1. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hi Friends:

I have my PC with clean installation with Windows 10 Pro OS Build 19041.329. I would like to ask you if you have Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager 3.2.9 installed in your PC.

Questions
    1. What are the main benefits of Windows 10 Manager?

2. Is it worth installing it?

3. Would you recommend not installing it?

4. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advaned for your help.

TecMan

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I would say there is pleny of tweaks available on this forum there are also other free apps available Ultimate Windows Tweaker for example.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #3 kaljukass, Jul 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager is simply a set of the most used Window's own features/functions in one set.
    You can also do everything manually using command line functions and commands or PowerShell commands and functions.
    There, the most commonly used things are already made comfortable and easy for the user to use.
    One very simple example - you can, of course, create your own desktop icon or type a command to open Advanced Boot Options
    Code:
    %windir%\System32\shutdown.exe -r -o -f -t 00
    but there it is with the option to add it to the desktop, start menu, taskbar, or right-click menu. There is also tool to edit right-click menu, WinX menu etc.
    or, for example, for uninstall a Windows app with a registry cleaner, or repair a malfunctioning app, and so on.
    There are hundreds of such ready-made little things that you can do great without having this tool kit. Only then it can be a little more troublesome and will definitely take more time.
    I personally have been using it since the release of the first version that came for XP. I find it sometimes very helpful.
    PS. It is fully portable, so You don't need use usual installer, download .zip package or download only these tools, what You need.
    Also, if You don't want pay for it, You have 20 days fully functional without any restrictions tools kit.
    Use it only if You need it.
    If you don't have it, nothing will happen.
    If you have it, it can sometimes be very helpful to you and you can save a lot of time and nerves.
    If you are a tech-savvy, it is always free for you....
    The choice is yours!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    It is a very complete tool, and I like it a lot.
    Handles some performances optimizations, startup programs, services and task scheduler optimization, cleaning tasks (duplicates, registry etc), uninstalling appx and programs properly,
    full customization, like @kaljukass said, winX, context menus, explorer etc. and ot has some nice features like backup/restore group policy, firewall rules, drivers...
    You also have access to like every windows function and settings menus, all on one page.

Nothing you can't do elsewhere, but in my opinion it's a very good "all in one" tool, in which even tech-savvys can find some use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TecMan

TecMan MDL Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Hello urie and kaljukass,

Thanks for your comments.Some time ago a moderator told me that he recommended not to use any Tweaker for Windows. I listened to him, and my installations have worked very well...now I ask again...is it worth installing Yamicsoft Windows 10 Manager 3.2.9?...if the answer is the same...I will come back in a few more years to ask...Cheers!

6. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Here is another thing you may be interested in and may have forgotten. This is one of Windows' own folders, sometimes called the GOD Mode folder.
    I add the original link to a .zip file and if for some reason it doesn't work, you can always make a schortcut icon on your desktop
    Code:
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:::{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}
    Give to it name for example All Tasks or GOD Mode
    Then change the icon yourself
    get the icons
    Code:
    %windir%\system32\shell32.dll

Attached Files:

7. ohenry

ohenry MDL Senior Member

Aug 10, 2009
    My general advice, to the average user, would agree with that statement by the moderator. If you don't know what you're doing, leave it alone.

If you are going to fool around with any tweaker, using a well known commercial software package like the one from Yamicsoft, which has been around for many years, is probably your safest bet.

But if what you've been doing (leave it alone), has been working well for you, why change?

8. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    #9 kaljukass, Jul 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    One little clarification, Yamicsoft Windows Manager is not a "Tweaker", it's Windows' own Settings Manager on style "all in one place".
    It doesn't "tweak" nothing, but help user to find out where something located and if user wants, can make changes in Windows settings without looking for the correct place for hours.