Windows 10 a new type of P2P?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Joe C, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. heartbrake

heartbrake MDL Novice

Aug 13, 2013
    #2 heartbrake, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    I noticed my bandwidth speed was slowed down sometimes in Windows 10. FIX: "The system has been switched on by default and can only be turned off by digging into advanced options under Windows Update, diving deep in update and then poking about in security and settings. It won't work on dial-up connections."

3. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    It is a good idea for your own local network, but by default it's using your internet connection to serve updates to everybody else too, M$ did not ask me if it could use my bandwidth, they just took it upon themselves to take it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    That only happens when people(everybody else) are downloading the same file you have in your PC.

5. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014

Hello

Yes, bandwidth consuming and totally useless for people like me that doesn't have a good internet connection.

But for High-Speed connections that's very cool !

:g:But why users doesn't disable this in Windows Update Settings... :g:

6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    If you are using a dial-up connection it is not going to work and it only sends out to people in your local network who are downloading the same files you have downloaded.

7. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Not using a dial-up connection, but 1M/0,2M ADSL , WinUpdate used my bandwidth, just disabled the option ;)

8. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #10 Joe C, Aug 2, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
    (OP)
    It's turned on by default, which means you have to know what it is in order to turn it off. I'm just attempting to help make folks aware of the update sharing on your internet. if your o.k. with it then good, but if your concerned, now you can know how to turn it off