Windows 10 Activation AFTER 1 Year Free

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Animal99, Aug 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    I have been looking all over the forum to find out if anyone is starting to research Windows 10 activation after the first year. Would it be possible to install a Legitimate Windows 7, then upgrade to Windows 10 for free AFTER the free 365 days Microsoft is giving? Has anyone looked into how Windows 10 is being activated, from a Windows 7/8/8.1 upgrade, right now? Is there already a thread about this? If so, I would like to help out into this matter. We have roughly 11 more months we need to get this going! Thanks!

Animal99

2. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Very very good question!

After the 1 year mark is up, this is where all the fun and games start as far as I am concerned...

M$ got you where they want you, and Apple is no better

3. Carol666

Carol666 MDL Member

Aug 12, 2015
    From what I understand is that of you own win 7 or 8 you can upgrade free of charge in the first year, after year is over you won't be able to do free upgrade Microsoft will most probably charge something.

4. freiwald

freiwald MDL Member

Jul 27, 2015
    if you are on windows 7 or 8, you got one year to get your free upgrade. if this time is over, the offer expires and you will not be able to do a free upgrade anymore...
    so you can do a free upgrade on all your machines until i think august 2016.

all upgrades you did in this time will stay activated and legit, for free and forever (bound to your hardware id). they will not charge you anything after this year.
    only people who did not do a free upgrade in this time and want to get windows 10 have to pay.

5. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Yes, and you can start to smell the stink all ready, and wait till the Windows Store starts billing everything right across the board even if you didn't down load it and now we have to call M$ and wait 12 months to get a refund

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

There is a catch wait and see... all ready folks have blown up their MOBO and are having a hard time to get back a clean activation read the up and up news on their so called support Forum everyone is having a party in this area regarding re-activation and hours on the phone and told sorry your SOL

7. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, I already know this, and if you read my post, you would understand what I'm asking...Maybe I should have posted this in the MDL Developers section....

8. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    Yes, and if you read my post correctly, you would understand what I'm asking. Your post just reposted the same thing I posted....I'm asking HOW to do this AFTER the 1 year! Is that too hard to understand?

9. freiwald

freiwald MDL Member

Jul 27, 2015
    i did and i just told you that it's a free offer for one year. after that time it's expired and you have to buy it in stores. so what is your problem? there will be no upgrade after this time.
    maybe you should learn how to read?

10. eemuler

eemuler MDL Member

Jul 31, 2015
    AFTER the 1 year is up, you do this by buying a Windows 10 license. How hard is THAT to understand? :mad:

11. Animal99

Animal99 MDL Novice

Jul 14, 2009
    #11 Animal99, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
    (OP)
    Umm...Did we ever have to do this with Windows 8? or Windows 7, or Windows Vista, or Windows XP, or Windows ME, or Windows 98, or Windows 95, or Windows 3.1? Umm..NO!!! So, WHY DO WE HAVE TO ON WINDOWS 10?!?!?!

12. freiwald

freiwald MDL Member

Jul 27, 2015
    really don't know whats your problem. if you were on windows 7 and wanted to go to windows 8 you had to buy a license straight away because there was no free upgrade.
    now you come from windows 7 or 8 and got one year to do a free upgrade to windows 10. if you will not do the upgrade in this time you have to buy a windows 10 license if you want to upgrade.
    what is so hard to understand? it was always like this, only difference is you now get the offer to do a free upgrade for one year, and then keep the free license.

it was always like this.. if you had a windows 95 license and wanted windows 98, you had to buy a windows 98 license.
    really don't understand your problem here.

13. eemuler

eemuler MDL Member

Jul 31, 2015
    The only exception to what freiwald says has been the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. Which, IMHO, was no upgrade at all - just a glorified service pack.

14. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#14 AcuraTML, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015

you can say that also for windows ten from window 8.1 to Windows 8.2 what has really been added as a major break through a wowing improvement?

You cant say the spying and tracking that base is covered, and the new trillion dollar wow wow wow start menu?:tea:

if you really take a look back in time, XP and Seven where the only major change ever brought down the pipe by M$

15. Don

Don MDL Expert

Jul 29, 2009
    It's not free after a year but who cares? Every PC being sold will have windows 10 on it anyway. And if you're too damn lazy to upgrade existing PCs within the first year then you deserve to be charged for it anyway.

16. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

You got that right after the 1 year is up and M$ just scooped your seven or eight key on you and burned it to not be used again, see what really is going on with free this and free that?

you just got a paid retail clean key zapped on you...

17. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    The correct way is to pay for your licenses, but since this is MDL, and with MDL projects already capable of activating Win10, I'd say that there won't be much problems, it'll just go the way of the current W8.1 activations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  18. YIN

YIN MDL Member

May 31, 2009
    *Cough*Cough*KMS*Cough*Cough

19. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

I think that's going to be a major CHALLANGE why? Windows Updates will somehow catch up with your idea.

have you ever had a chance to physically see one of these M$ and RIM update servers?

Its going to take a few years to get around the activation game with this new upgraded windows update and activation servers right across the globe, the reason I ask if you seen one, is cuz these servers are not small...

RIM/BlackBerry are sharing and together on the new update server project and in costs

20. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

that will be old news and non working in the very near future, there is a update that will install a tiny little file in .bat and if the server don't detect that guess vot???

activation is bye bye and to the birds