Windows 10 activation in VM

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MrChiliCheese, Dec 3, 2019.

1. MrChiliCheese

MrChiliCheese MDL Novice

Dec 15, 2017
    Hello,

as far as I understand it it not possible to activate Windwos 10 in the same way one could do with Windows 7 in a virtual machine (BIOS mod and installed zertificate).
    So is there any other easy without installing e.g. a KMS tool?

Thanks

2. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Hi buddy glad i see this thread ;)

Activation method is depending on edition ISO that you use in vm
    I only remember pro and enterprise
    Use kms method to activate for etc edition can use kms or oem or other any loader or crack windows (Except ultimate cannot be activated by kms)

;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    For 7 and some servers, you can insert a slic into a vm bios, or download a ready made one.

For 10 you can't, you have to use a KMS or HWID activator or insert a legit key into the MSDM tables.

It has nothing to do with the used iso, and certainly no cracking needed for windows/office activation.

4. NST_Adventure

NST_Adventure MDL Addicted

Jun 1, 2019
    Well you can activate in different way buddy and it is up to you now ;) :)

Best Regards
    NST_Adventure

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Ertonhend

Ertonhend MDL Novice

Dec 21, 2020
  6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Daz loader with or without slic modded (virtual) bios (for vista/7), KMS for 7 (Pro + Enterprise)/8.x and 10 or HWID for 10 only, or wasting money on a questionable key for a VM.

7. alphasite

alphasite MDL Novice

Apr 18, 2010
    [I'm posting here as I can't start a new thread]

I have a Dell Optiplex 7080 that came with Windows 10 Pro installed. The key is in the BIOS, no key sticker was included. I installed ESXi 6.7 on it and I wanted to make a Windows 10 Pro VM. I've read that I should be able to put the following in the .vmx file to allow the key in the BIOS to be passed for activation but I still get an activation error:

SMBIOS.reflectHost = "TRUE"
    SMBIOS.noOEMStrings = "TRUE"
    smbios.addHostVendor = "TRUE"

Am I missing something?

8. #8 Deleted member 1435102, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
    Refer to this anytime you need to activate Windows:
    Windows XP Pro VL, Pro N VL: VLK
    Windows XP Home, Home N, Pro, Pro N, MCE, Tablet PC edition: SLP
    Windows XP Home, Home N, Pro, Pro VL, Pro N, Pro N VL, MCE, Tablet PC edition: Hook/patch
    Windows Vista Starter, Home Basic, Home Basic N, Home Premium, Business, Business N, Ultimate: SLIC
    Windows Vista Business, Business N, Enterprise, Enterprise N: KMS
    Windows 7 Starter, Starter E, Home Basic, Home Premium, Home Premium E, Professional, Professional E, Ultimate, Ultimate E: SLIC
    Windows 7 Professional, Professional E, Professional N, Enterprise E, Enterprise N: KMS
    Windows 7 all editions: REARM
    Windows 8/8.1 all editions: KMS
    Windows 10 Home, Home N, Home Single Language, Home China, Pro, Pro N, Pro for Workstations, Pro N for Workstations, Pro Education, Pro Education N, Education, Education N, Enterprise, Enterprise N, Enterprise (N) LTSB/C 20XX, Enterprise for Virtual Desktops, IoT Enterprise: HWID
    Windows 10 Home, Home N, Home Single Language, Home China, Pro, Pro N, Pro for Workstations, Pro N for Workstations, Pro Education, Pro Education N, Education, Education N, Enterprise, Enterprise N, Enterprise (N) LTSB/C 20XX, Enterprise for Virtual Desktops, IoT Enterprise, Enterprise G, Enterprise G N, Remote Server, Lean: KMS
    ========================================================================================
    VLK: VL installations don't have product activation. One of the many leaked VLKs can be used to bypass product activation (keys available on request)
    SLP: SLP 1.0 is used in Windows XP. You can refer to the BIOS mods and Windows XP sub-forums to mod your BIOS and create an OEM disc.
    Hook/patch: These work by either patching winlogon to make it skip license validation or hooking into winlogon to fool it into thinking that the computer was booted into safe mode, making winlogon skip license validation. Generally hooks are preferred over patches because patches can be overwritten by updates and can be detected by Windows File Protection. Unlike later versions of Windows, patches and hooks work very well for Windows XP. The best hook is AntiWPA (link available on request).
    SLIC: SLP 2.0 is used for Windows Vista/7. The ultimate solution is a BIOS mod, but Windows Loader for BIOS/MBR and EzWindSLIC for UEFI/GPT can be used to emulate a SLIC.
    KMS: KMS is a method used by organisations and governments to activate Windows in bulk. This KMS connection can be emulated. Best KMS solution is KMS_VL_ALL.
    HWID: HWID is used by M$ to give a free digital license when upgrading from Windows 7/8/8.1 to Windows 10. This digital license can be faked to give permanent activation in Windows 10. Best HWID activator is MAS.
    Rearm: By manipulating some registry keys, Windows can be rearmed indefinitely, giving infinite trial. Best solution is Rearm Wizard.

9. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ? VLK is activation by VL KEY, on MDL it's not allowed to share working activation keys.
    I't not allowed to link at MAS, advise is "google for massgravel on github".

10. But MAS is an open source project. Ok, I will remove link. The VLKs I was talking about are not MAKs, but rather the Windows XP keys that don't require activation.

11. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    But that is activation, you mean "doesn't require online activation"?

12. i always use kms activation for win10 as a virtual machine. massgravel's mas 1.x

13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Isn't that using the online (russian) public kms server?

14. Dear Sir slmgr is always there to remove kms cache & kms host :)

but i never go online on virtual os just for testing purpose os iso's :)

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Isn't using an online kms server going online?

16. Sir Kms38 and it show activated till 2038 with kms host as 127.0.0.2 :)

just to check activation .

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    ahh, you meant KMS38.

You can mention it, @Yen does it too:)

18. #18 Deleted member 1385001, Apr 22, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2021
    Sir with renewal task disabled & caching disabled using slmgr & some reg tweak etc . i know you already know all that . but to pull my legs questioning :p

but for host os i always use genuine key to activate win10 online via ms servers.

19. In Windows XP VL installations, there is no product activation. You can put any VLK (it can be generated, leaked, whatever) and it will install and work indefinitely. There is no condition, you don't need to connect to a KMS server or anything, and it acts like Windows 2000 or Windows 98. The only thing that can verify that the VLKs are genuine is WGA. But the WGA servers are dead for a long time, so even if you intentionally install the WGA update now, it cannot check for generated keys and can only check for a few leaked keys (remember FCKGW?). ;)

Russian? More like chinese :p