Windows 10 Activation problem (I am Insider)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by jul12, Jul 29, 2015.

1. jul12

jul12 MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #1 jul12, Jul 29, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Hello.

I am Windows Insider and was registered or activated Windows 10 Insider Build before RTM. Now I installed clean Windows 10 without entering licence number during installation but Windows 10 don't activates. How I can activate Windows 10 RTM or it will be impossible to activate when it is installed from 0?

Need 100% confirmation please.

2. poppy10

poppy10 MDL Novice

Sep 1, 2011
    You should have upgraded to Win 10 RTM first, then done a wipe and clean install. You upgrade first, get activated, then the activation status for your hardware ID is stored by Microsoft and you can do a clean install. If you don't upgrade and go straight to a clean install you can't activate.

Everybody knew this. No free Windows 10 for you.

3. jul12

jul12 MDL Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Hello.

Can we ask Microsoft to activate Windows 10 on clean install if there was not made upgrade from insider build? If person was insider and tested and reported bugs then this possibility must be to activate clean install when was missed upgrade because the hardware already is registered in Microsoft servers when was activated insider build!!!!

Time to ask? Any ideas?

4. okaussie

okaussie MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    And in my case, when you are an insider and d/l the 32 bit version due to having an old motherboard and you upgrade your mobo to a 64bit and want to install the 64 bit version, how does that work?

Based on the previous posts, sounds to me like I am screwed. By upgrading my machine I will have to buy the 64 bit version and will be unable to do the free upgrade since I will be upgrading from an old 32bit mobo and OS to a 64bit mobo and OS.

5. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I was an Insider too. If you want a clean install to activate, you must first upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8. You cannot simply clean install after only using Windows Insider.

You want to first install Windows 7 or Windows 8. Then you want to upgrade to Windows 10 (final). Associate it with your Microsoft Account (about an hour or two). Then you can finally clean install with Windows 10.