Windows 10 activation query

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by tajender, Sep 27, 2020.

1. tajender

tajender MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2012
    PS: Any help would be appreciated.

Problem: I am building a Ryzen 7 3700X + ASUS Prime B550m-a rig and am unable to install Windows 7 on it as I get a BSOD stating that the BIOS is not fully ACPI compliant. So I am not able to activate using the DAZ Loader on Windows 7 and then running gatherosstate.exe to get the xml file.

Query: Is it somehow possible to install Windows 7 on Ryzen 7 3700x? IF no, can I install Windows 10, activate using DAZ Loader and follow the gatherosstate.exe activation process?

2. microtechton

microtechton MDL Member

Sep 11, 2018
    If your final goal is to get Windows 10, you can just clean install Win10 directly and use HWID (Google massgravel [github link]) which provides lifetime activation (unless you change major hardware components, in which case you can use the tool again).

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    All I can tell you is that Windows 7 has been installed on a computer running Ryzen 7 3700x, how, I don't know.
    Windows 10 cannot be activated with the DAZ loader.
    You can activate Windows 10 with any unused genuine Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 key, or use other methods such as massgravel ... as suggested in the previous post.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. microtechton

microtechton MDL Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yeah, AMD announced in like 2017 or something that they dropped Windows 7 support on Ryzen processors. So, it's possible that *some* motherboards after the announcement are unoptimized for running Windows 7.

Edit: clarity

5. tajender

tajender MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2012
    Thank you @microtechton @kaljukass for your precious suggestions. Massgravel suggestion helped a tonne. Seems like the chipset is not compatible with Win7 at all.