Windows 10 Adoption Already Slowing Down and Microsoft Starts to Worry

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by AcuraTML, Aug 20, 2015.

1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#1 AcuraTML, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
  2. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

I agree totally and very well stated.

Thank you.

3. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Win10 will fail in its current state with at the very least Medical institutions. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) laws will never allow win10 in its current state. Hell, I just killed the "hey upgrade free" on all the systems the other week, at work. Shouldn't have slipped through in the first place. Never let your workstation users have access to Windows update lol

4. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    Let's come back in six months to a year and then we'll see. It's too early for a judgement, even in times as fast as today.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    agreed, HIPAA wont allow it until it runs it through the dirt. I am sure they already are. I am pretty certain of the outcome on that particular issue though. MS might change their tune before long. time will tell, yes sir.

6. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#7 AcuraTML, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    It all depends on the next Mac osx 2015 that's slated to drop down in October or November this is the last pitch for everyone sitting on the fence and have not liked eight or ten Mac is making some major upward movement on the commercial side and in mainstream corporates the majority of the media Kingdom use macs and the majority of your boards of education and universities world wide

The next osx will piece parts of the puzzle and we will all know where ten is heading in the mainstream users and what the results will be by year end.

7. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

This could very much screw m$ at the end of this year with the new Mac osx that is on it way

8. nosense

nosense MDL Senior Member

Sep 9, 2013
    LMAO! The next OSX will not make a dent in market share dominated by windows.

9. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    I just started the change over to Mac AIR2's for the office, we are actually going to phase out MS for everything but 3 workstations that are needed for compatibility in different systems, and they are Win7. Changing over my hands to another able tech started today. Im moving to another island, so I will catch the beginning but he will have to train them to stray away from MS and to Mac on his own hehe

10. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Osx my friend blows windows out of of water on these fronts:

Graphics, game manufacturing, anything related to media and it's 28% faster then 7 and ten and much more I have no problem explaining to you the strengths of the current osx

And yes it's a very expensive rig compared to win

11. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Its not expensive it's just over priced. Windows 10 maybe will lose again just like 8 but the only winner will be Windows 7. Osx is s**t

12. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#13 AcuraTML, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    (OP)
    be honest and fair you wouldn't be making this statement in a mac forum I am 100% convinced on that point.

Mac's are used by the majority of upper scale folks and groups in media and work in the professional graphics and game building multi hundred billion dollar sector.

and most of all its all a fact and please except it as preference no one will show a mac in your face or down your throat anytime now or in the near future.

13. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    #14 nosense, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    And what you think the next OSX is going to change OSX market share. Apple has been in the desktop OSX game for 30+ years and only achive around 9 percent market share. One OS version is not going to change nothing.

And for hardware is concern. Any PC linux or Windows can out spec an osx machine, I can go out and buy a skylake cpu right now and when will macs have skylake? Who knows? Macs doesn't even have triple sli\cf configurations.

I've own macs since the IBM power pc days and have a mac book pro now. The app gap is too real on OSX, OSX is simply missing to many apps and games.

People are either going to stay on windows 7 or 8. Or just wait till th2 or redstone.

14. bromanbro

bromanbro MDL Member

Sep 30, 2012
    Yes, but Windows is used for Adobe products, typical office environments, and pretty much every home user has Windows installed, even if they have a Macbook. The only sector Windows isn't dominating is servers.

15. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    Eventually there will be no choice. Earlier versions of Windows just won't run anymore. No browser platforms will support them, and they will be vulnerable to security attacks. Windows 7 is already a DEAD OS. In a few years it will be abandoned entirely by Microsoft.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  16. nosense

Sep 9, 2013
    You got to pretty dumb to think game makers are going to be working more on OSX than windows machine. Especially when big game devs are going to use either Vulkan or dx\dx12 api.

17. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

Its sad, but I personally agree with your comments

18. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

and you forgot Linux tons of games are rolled out using mint 17

19. slayer9450

slayer9450 MDL Member

Aug 3, 2015
    #20 slayer9450, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
    I don't disagree, but I'll wait and see. It could go either way.

It could bomb again where their unwillingness to let go of Metro and admit it was a mistake and return to Windows 7's UX will probably be their undoing.

Or they could succeed in making it a desirable OS. I hope not though. They need a reality check. Microsoft has been living in its own world since Windows 8's release thinking they know what's best, when based on results, they clearly don't.

What they really need to do is just completely scrap this Metro bulls**t, take the under-the-hood improvements they've made, and make Windows 7 2.0. They should've seen the writing on the wall when it took Windows 8 a whole year to outpace Vista in adoption rate.

On a unrelated note I am curious as to where they're getting their usage share figures.