windows 10 boot problem

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Tiger-1, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well I make download yesterday of Windows 10 PRO x64 version 1511 160212.2000.TH2 and attempt instal with my pendrive via Rufus; but when I press any key to start installation the system show the error code:eek: 0xc000000f (NO DVD-ROM or even PEN-DRIVE!!) then I search on web but nothing conclusive (same with dvd same error)I don´t want make instal over the anterior version ;) I want clean install of course therefore I need some help of my friends here

thanks in advance :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    then use DISM to install to your CLEAN Partition.
    G: is your USB Drive letter change as needed... many times it is X:
    dism /Apply-Image /Imagefile:G:\sources\install.wim /index:1 /ApplyDir:C:\

3. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    right Snuffy, well I install anyway over the version 10586.104 and after all process of "updates" when finally Windows starts I check winver and LOL I have the same version simply the system returning all modern craps :mad: on it so i make one big clean up with Dism++ and my system aparently NOTHING are CHANGED I think go back to LTSB again:sneaky: and thanks for the info dude I don't know this command yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Why don't you first try it the normal MS supported way?

Format the pendrive FAT32 and simply extract the iso to the pendrive. Boot with the pendrive and see what happens.

5. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    yep dude, I make this exactly this of course, but the error code ever returns and the bad conclusion is that I don´t see NONE differences in Windows :g: only lost my time :mad:

6. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #6 Enthousiast, Mar 18, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    How can you expect windows to be changed when booting went wrong? Also what do you mean by "pressing any key to start installation"?

Can you paste the exact filename of the used iso including the extension?

7. nichigo13

nichigo13 MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2015

if your windows is still working just extract the setup files to another partition and make an entry for boot.wim to your bootloader using easybcd. it much faster than flash drive and yea its clean install :) less headaches. if u need guide just google it (sorry i can't post links) its very easy.

8. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    No DVD possible fix
    1. To open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow these steps:

Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type control in the Run dialog box, then press Enter.
    In the Search box in Control Panel, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
    Under the Hardware and Sound item, click Configure a device. If you are prompted to enter an administrator password or provide confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

If your problem is not solved, try the next resolution.

2. Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type regedit in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
    In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
    On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, go to the next resolution.
    On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    Exit Registry Editor.
    Restart the computer.

3. To reinstall the driver, follow these steps:

Press the Windows logo key + R to open the Run dialog box.
    Type devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box, then press Enter. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow
    In Device Manager, expand DVD/CD-ROM drives, right-click the CD and DVD devices, and then click Uninstall.
    When you are prompted to confirm that you want to remove the device, click OK.
    Restart the computer.

After the computer restarts, the drivers will be automatically installed.

9. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    hehe no dude is not hardware or driver problem, the problem is SOFTWARE only software but I already forget and burn the dvd to hell LOL, so I go back to version 1511 (november/2015) runs fine and no more problems ouch!!; yet thanks for your help anyway :)

10. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Software causes boot from usb problems?

11. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    well dudes this problem is SOLVED why?
    1 - I make two BIG mistakes :bashtroll:when I run decrypt.cmd I FORGET to disable Malwaresbytes :(
    so this files are corrupted therefore the system don' t find dvd or pendrive of course
    2 - when I dowload the version 1511 fev 2016 I choose the wrong version of Windows ( I get HOME) ;)
    3 - finally I solved the problem go back to Enterprise LTSB.
    thanks for all friends here and sorry for my bad :sneaky:

12. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    If you will edit your first post, up in title that shows on main forum board put the word [SOLVED]
    that way we know, thanks.

13. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    or mods could mark solved and post link to the post he said resolution on first post.

14. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    #14 Tiger-1, Mar 21, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    (OP)
    right dude, but I don' t learn yet how to make this :p or better please mods to show thread as SOLVED