Windows 10 BSOD

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by weberman, Aug 16, 2015.

1. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Last night I upgraded an activated Windows 7 Ultimate to Window 10 Pro. Everything went smoothly. However when I started the computer this morning I get the notorious BSOD with a long string of numbers and letters.

Unfortunately, there is no longer an F8 Safe Mode available.

Any suggestions, or do I have to start from scratch.

Just in case it does not activate for some reason, is there someplace I can download Daz's loader without all the BS programs that are in the loader from other websites. I have tried Daz's site but you have to complete some offers and I can never get through the offers so the download will start.

I was upgrading from a Windows 7 Ultimate that was activated, so Windows 10 would be activated which I thought I would do again by reinstalling Windows 7 activated using the USB install mode.I have a Gigabyte UEFI motherboard.

I did this on my main computer and everything went perfectly.

Is there a way to install Windows 10 Pro without a key and activate it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. I have searched this site but, unfortunately, could find no answers

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Web

2. panchop

panchop MDL Senior Member

Jul 26, 2009
    you need to write the error, in the last line generally appears the cause of the bsod

3. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #3 nexus76, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    it should boot up into recovery mode automatically, doesn't it do so?
    cause there's a cmd and you can copy over the dump to a usb stick

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. fockoff

fockoff MDL Junior Member

Jan 5, 2015
    BSOD = Be Strong Or Die

6. weberman

weberman MDL Junior Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I gave up as I could not get the computer to recognize a USB stick so I could get to the root C Drive. So I took the hard drive and put it on my Main Computer which had been updated to Windows 10. I used EASEUS Partition to completely clean the drive and reinstalled Win 7 from a newly created OEM disk as instructed in another thread. I think I will stick with Windows 7 for a while as my Main Computer is doing having flaky errors and sudden shut downs which I never had before.

IMHO I don't see any great improvement in Win 10. I had two Win 7 computers that were upgraded to Win 10 totally crash. Fortunately My main Computer has not totally crashed but it has crashed, but not beyond salvage. I am currently reverting my Main Computer back to Win 7 as I type this. I just looked and it has completed successfully.

Just a question though, even after using EASEUS Partition, the Win 7 on the crashed computer still starts by showing the Win 10 Blue Flag but starts in Win 7.

Thanks for the input. This site is GREAT and a wealth of info from helpful Mods and Members.

Thanks Again

WEB :):):):)

I have another problem (question) but will start a separate thread in the Windows 7 section!