Windows 10: Bye bye for me.

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by t0mn8r, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Well, after suffering with it for a couple of weeks I went back to Windows 8.1

Reasons:
    1. Predictable behaviour (i.e. windows, icons and shortcuts stay where I left them the last time
    2. Window focus works correctly especially backwards focus (i.e. focus on last opened window)
    3. More logical grouping of tools without unnecessary semi-duplications

etc.

This OS is not finished.

I think that Edge will be a very good offering once they finish it off. IE is untenable.

2. elzna

elzna MDL Senior Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Story goes how edge got its name.

"So what shall we call the new IE in windows 10"?
    "I heard samsugn is making a new phone and hear this out, it's called "edge".
    "Aint that funny?".
    "No, that's awsome.
    "Ok so Microsoft Edge it is?
    "AY!"

3. M1ller

M1ller MDL Novice

Aug 5, 2015
    Nobody cares! =))))))))) ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa loooooooooooollllll

4. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    M$ new marketing slogan: Microsoft Edge...It's NOT Internet Ex-PLODE-r 12! :rip:

:p

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. maddog0266

maddog0266 MDL Expert

Apr 26, 2011
    IE is there

6. floating_exception

floating_exception MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    No it isn't.
    We are being used as beta testers. Virgins were used to beta test volcanoes in days gone bye.
    The upgrade is free to suck in as many suckers as possible. All their activities are logged, assuming they didn't look to closely at the install pages, and MS uses it to track down, and cover up their errors.

7. sansini

sansini MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2008
    This again? :31:

You don't actually have to use Windows 10 if you don't want to, and don't agree with the terms. But you're not going to sway anyone else by calling us all 'suckers' in a Windows 10 discussion forum...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. shanye

shanye MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Fair enough.

But I quite like Windows 10. It's way faster than Windows 7 on my machine. I can't say anything about it compares to Windows 8 - I hated it and didn't stay with it.

9. coromonadalix

coromonadalix MDL Senior Member

Jul 21, 2009
    the forced updates Is the biggest mistake they ever made, i'm running on entreprise, AND i still feel i'm not in control, and the telemetry thing is going too far.

But it boot very fast compared to all my others windows, win 8 is almost as fast, other lags behind.

10. nexus76

nexus76 MDL Addicted

Jan 25, 2009
    #11 nexus76, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  11. floating_exception

floating_exception MDL Novice

Jan 10, 2013
    After a fresh upgrade to Win10 you can go back to the parent OS. There is a one-month grace period. Look in security&updates --> Restore. The option was there for me, although I did not test it.

--------------------------------
    How I upgraded.

1. I did a fresh install of Win7SP1. No updates of any kind. THis was on a GPT disk so activation was via KMS

2. I put the Multi Edition ISO on a USB stick with Rufus.

3. With Win7 running, setup.exe was started from the stick. and the install completed.

4. Find the activation page using Properties of "This PC"

5. Go online quickly and activate. THis tin box is now known to MS

6. Do a clean (cold metal) install of Win10 from the stick.

12. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    there is issues with windows 10 and all other new releases of OS, programs, cars, airplanes and so on.

God luck staying in the past..:headbang:

13. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
  14. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Good luck staying in the future bubble OS Windows 10 and being tracked like no tomorrow by Micro$h4ft

It's like knowingly installing a virus and being happy with it :tea:

15. Edwe

Edwe MDL Member

Sep 1, 2011
    I see you still at windows millenium :biggrin:

16. sliverxi

sliverxi MDL Novice

Oct 15, 2010
    hic hic hic . . after reading this results, I need to rethink about upgrade to win 10.

17. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    #19 El_Heffe, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
    If your computer came with Windows 7 pre-installed, you can install Windows 10 and then go back to Windows 7 any time you want. And you can go back and forth between Windows 7 and Windows 10 whenever you want.

1. Back up your system that's running Windows 7 and put the backup on a different drive (external or whatever). I highly recommend Acronis True Image. Great program, been using it for years.

2. Do an upgrade install of Windows 10. When finished make sure it says Windows is activated.

3. Wipe the hard drive and do a clean install of Windows 10

4. Use Acronis True Image to backup your computer running Windows 10.

5. Use Windows 10 for a while and decide you don't like it.

6. Boot from your Acronis recovery CD and restore your system from the backup you made in Step 1. You're back in Windows 7 land.

6a. If you didn't do Step 1, just do a clean install of Windows 7. Since your computer came with Windows 7 installed you have a SLIC table in the BIOS so all you need is an OEM certificate and key, which are easily found here and elsewhere.

7. If you decide you want to try Windows 10 again, use Acronis to put it back on, using the backup you made in Step 4.

18. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Those kind of benchmarks are part of it anyway.

#1 Hardly a 2% of benchmark difference on a game or transcoding SW are noticeable.

#2 W7 has fully matured drivers, while W10 is still in diapers

#3 what counts for most of the users is the boot time, the time needed to get the IP from a router, the resume time, the time needed to open a browser and so on, not those useless benchmarks.

We can talk a lot about privacy concerns, but being strictly technical W10 is faster and and better than W7 on almost any aspect.