Windows 10 Enterprise Activation 180 day issue

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by originxt, Feb 5, 2019.

1. originxt

originxt MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    #1 originxt, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    So I've never had an issue with using windows loader on my computers. It has activated all my products without issue every time. However, I keep getting an error message with my primary desktop install:

License Status: Activated
    Error Code: 0x4004F040
    Error Text: The Software Licensing Service reported that the product was activated but the owner should verify the Product Use Rights.

It gives me a grace period of 180 days. I don't mind having to reactivate each time it hits that time point but I would prefer a more permanent solution. I tried uninstalling the key, and installing a Win 10 Pro key through the toolkit and still get the same issue. I whitelisted autokms folder. I am unsure what to try next. Any ideas?

I am having the same issue with office 2016.

2. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    try KMS_VL_ALL-25

3. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    You sound confused. There is no Loader for anything beyond Windows 7 (except for Servers), as the OEM:SLP method using generic keys has been scrapped.
    The KMS method used to activate your Windows is limited to 180 days by design. The counter can be reset at any time (by reactivating) so it never runs out. It is proper activation!
    The pseudo-error you are getting is because you do not have an OEM machine. Usually, Volume licenses are sold to companies as upgrades of OEM-activated machines. Does not affect activation at all.

4. rpo

rpo MDL Expert

Jan 3, 2010
    The latest one is KMS_VL_ALL-29.

5. originxt

originxt MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    Sorry, not windows loader. I mean Microsoft toolkit.

6. originxt

originxt MDL Novice

Dec 2, 2010
    Thank you, tried it but just reset it to 180 days like Microsoft toolkit. Is there a way to downgrade to pro for a full activation?