Windows 10 Enterprise install on laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Moksu, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Moksu

Moksu MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2017
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  3. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    I use an autounattend script on my laptop which has an activation table in the BIOS for win10 home. The script selects the desired version for me as well as providing all the information I would have to enter manually during install. It's nice, start the install and it's done hands free in a few minutes.

If you want to use an autounattend script, download the Windows ADK and tick the Windows System Image Manager during install. It's a little convoluted to use at first, but not too bad once you get used to it. It has pretty good documentation. Just put the autounattend.xml file the WSIM tool generates at the root of the install media and setup will use it.

4. Moksu

Moksu MDL Novice

Feb 12, 2017
    Yes that is the part i am stuck at.

I tried to use the ei.cfg file in the sources folder and it worked. thanks!

I also tried to check this Windows ADK program from official site, i did not notice any "WIndows System Image Manager" when i got shown the page to select what optional features to install.

5. Krager

Krager MDL Senior Member

Jan 9, 2017
    If you do the regular download from the MS site it downloads an online installer. There is an option for an offline installer from the web site and also an option for installing on a separate computer when you run the online installer. The offline installer is big though, like 4 gig.

Anyway when you run the installer there's a list of check boxes. Each has a group of components you see to the right when you highlight an option. The Windows System Image Manager is under "deployment tools", second from the top. You only need that one checkbox ticked to get everything you need to make an unattend script.

It's a bit involved using the tool, but you can find walk-throughs with some Google fu. You can manually edit the script with a text editor as well, but you have to start with one made by the tool.