Windows 10 Firewall Control 8

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MS_User, Jun 9, 2019.

1. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
  2. °ツ

°ツ MDL Addicted

Jun 8, 2014
    Yes, tried it once but didn't like it. What about it?

3. 7_eleven.hell-hole_rider

Aug 15, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    Haven't tried it yet...but tempted to try that alternative
    binisoft WFC is/was very handy piece of software, too bad MalwareBytes implemented telemetry in their builds.
    Sending statistic data for a firewall seems just wrong...
    Deleted mbcut.dll and Newtonsoft.Json.dll after asking the dev, but then it throws (harmless) errors in event viewer

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. marzino

marzino MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Hey
    I use Nsauditor to check last wfc, and don't see any home calls!

6. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami MDL Expert

Mar 15, 2014
    I used it for several months and I loved it. Once you setup all rules, you can even disable the GUI and keep just service, no po-pups and zero performance impact, the service takes like 0,00% CPU. and 5MB RAM. If you install the new software, just enable GUI to get the rules. The only problem is, that the free version has all Windows processes allowed. I trialed the paid versions, but you need at least Plus to get some control, but creating rules gets way too complicated there.

7. Thomas Dubreuil

Thomas Dubreuil MDL Senior Member

Aug 29, 2017
    It doesn't check, if you are at least in medium filtering, and didn't add an allow rule for WFC.

Dev states they don't collect personal data, and they just use it to monitor the number of people using WFC, to be able to decide what they (MB) do with their aquisition...
    Still, maybe it is like this now, but in the future we never know. We all know the story and how big companies can abuse privacy.
    I think they just need to put a telemetry "opt-out" option...Stating what they collect and why, being transparent.
    It should be mandatory by law even (maybe it is, in Europe?)
    Sorry for the off topic :)

There is also DavidXanatos promising privacy tool, but yet too buggy to use on a regular basis.

8. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
  9. marzino

marzino MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2009
    Thanks
    Nice to know .
    Maybe go to tray this on OP

10. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    if u guys want to try it PM me i will give u link for the full version....cant post links here not allow.

11. Nehemias

Nehemias MDL Novice

Sep 16, 2018
    Hey, can you PM me with the full version of this Sphinx Firewall?

I couldn't PM you so...

Do you mean Plus or Network/Cloud version?