Windows 10 Flash Drive

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by SightUp, Oct 17, 2015.

1. SightUp

SightUp MDL Senior Member

Aug 17, 2010
    What is the model number of the flash drive that Microsoft uses? I am not talking about the item ID that Microsoft sells. I want to know is the flash drive Corsair, Kingston, etc. I need that model number.

2. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I will answer your question if you tell me what is the model number of the flash drive that Apple use I'm not talking about the ID that Apple sells I want to know is the flash drive corsair Kingston etc? I really need that model number

So if you tell me what's model number apple use I will tell you what model number Microsoft use

3. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    #3 Mutagen, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
    Let's trade. If you both tell me the model numbers that Microsoft and Apple use, I will tell you the model number that Linux uses.

4. Engineer2k2

Engineer2k2 MDL Member

Jun 21, 2012
    David34, Very well said!:D

5. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    I have a three Sandisk Cruzer Facet 8GB sticks. With Win 7, 8.1 and 10 on.

I CAN'T EAD THE MODEL NUMBER:weep:

6. SightUp

Aug 17, 2010
    Trolls...

I am asking for a specific reason. I am having issues with the flash drive installation way and so I want to rule out when I get a new flash drive that it's not the one I buy.

7. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    Use a liveCD/DVD and check it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Mutagen

Mutagen MDL Addicted

Feb 18, 2013
    Well, the "trolls" were a cruel way of saying the OP was poorly worded. You shouldn't have trouble with any model of flash drive. Questions I have are:

Make and model of computer.

What/where did the source file come from?

Were they copied to the flash drive, or was an app. like Rufus used?

Is this an upgrade or a clean install?

How exactly did it fail? (Setup just didn't run, a specific error message appeared - things like that)

Despite the thread getting off to a poor start, a majority of folks would like to help. I think with a little more detail, we can figure it out. And it could be your flash drive is fine - only the technique needs tuning.

9. neofita

neofita MDL Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Windowstogo needs a certified drive, that are too expensive though
    then you can buy a more cheap Sandisk Extreme 64GB pendrive
    I have it, working and fast as a SSD

10. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Tell us the issue you are having.

I have new, so called fast USB drives. I have old WHAT I WOULD CALL SLOW USB drives.

I actually like the SD Cards along with an adaptor to USB. They seem pretty fast.

Had no bother with any of them.

It was asked earlier. tell us how you are going about things, then somebody might spot any mistakes.

11. ancestor(v)

ancestor(v) Admin
    Staff Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Tell me A, I'll tell you B. What kind of game is that?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  12. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    edit..

read it wrong...:eek:

:death:

13. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    i used PNY, transcend, datastick pro, kingstone and even cheap Chinese generics.....never had a issue they all work.

14. Kuantum Freak

Kuantum Freak MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2015
    #17 Kuantum Freak, Oct 19, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    Just a few things:
    Have you checked hashes of the disk image?
    Are there any bad blocks/clusters on the drive?

According to your post on the other thread, your computer boots after you try to enter you username and password during OOBE and then after you have gone through the OOBE again, it works?
    Well, if it works then why worry about it?o_O

15. SightUp

Aug 17, 2010
    So maybe I need to use a USB 2 drive instead of a USB 3? Which USB 2.0 specifically are you guys using?

After the reboot OOBE menu, I reenter all of the info I put, exactly the way I did before the reboot, and it goes through right into the desktop in Windows 10 without a problem.

16. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014