Windows 10 for SME's on monthly base

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by pisthai, Jul 12, 2016.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    There we go the first montly subscription based OS version from Microsoft. Personaly I don't like where it is going it is an bad idea in my opinion I don't want to rent I want to own my OS ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SAM-R

SAM-R MDL Guru

Mar 21, 2015
    You do know you can't own Windows right ? You buy a License to use it, but you don't own it.

4. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Lolz That's a way to look at it I disagree with you tho for me I buy indeed an license to use it but the point is that It is an one time payment on the license and not an Monthly payment as in rent the OS that makes the difference to me :tea:

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    You're both right!

Just, in this case, those are licenses on monthly base for SME's, not private use! For many small businesses, a monthly subscription is easier to handle then a highly one time payment! For bigger companies, that wouldn't work, in that case, Enterprise Licenses, with the use of the own KMS Server, is a better solution! And is it also come to Hardware leasing, for the SME's it's a good way!

6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Before this, Windows Enterprise was only available through Volume License with Software Assurance.

Software Assurance is a subscription.

Nothing changed except more methods of distribution and payment.

7. Evides

Evides MDL Member

Apr 6, 2014
    I run Windows 10 Pro through upgrading from W8.1, but if MS will ever start charging a monthly fee I will put W8.1 back without hesitation.
    W10 is nice but not that important to me, I just need a stabile OS...

8. MrG

MrG MDL Expert

May 31, 2010
    I'll stay w/ the 8.1 Enterprise I have legally installed which runs very well.

I thought all along 8.1E wasn't upgradable (to 10E) w/o paying for the privilege, if they want a monthly subscription fee on top of that I'll have to say PASS!

9. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    85 dollars a year per computer....any medium to large company has what between 20 to 1000 machines....what a racket:eek:

10. WardocsRevenge

WardocsRevenge MDL Expert

Jan 13, 2012
    renting a surface sounds nice i might do it than i can edit video anywhere and do it on my server

11. SpeedDream

SpeedDream MDL Addicted

Feb 20, 2012
    I have to admit personally if I can get a 100% genuine enterprise Windows 10, no less for just 7 bucks its awesome:eek:
    You get the best one, I wish they would accept debit cards or other payment methods, It's the only reason I'm gonna still use KMS if possible

12. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    WaaS? "Windows as a Service" or "Windows as a Subscription". lol. I seen this coming pretty much when kms was reverse engineered and m$ didnt do much abut it after kms6. maybe its a good thing. makes it easier for small companies to legally use the latest product release ect..

13. DummyPLUG

DummyPLUG MDL Novice

May 31, 2008
    so they can stop rent you the version you are using and force you to upgrade? sounds bad if this can happen