Windows 10 - fresh installation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by onddra, Mar 9, 2017.

1. onddra

onddra MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2017
    Hey guys!
    I was searching for a guide for clean win 10 installation and activation, but there are so many topics :/

Now I'm using a Windows 7 on my pc. It's activated, but I don't even know how...I just can't download that one update, that would recognize I'm using pirated version.

And here's what I need. I'd like to download installation of Win 10 (probably home version, it's just a gaming pc), format my disk and do a fresh installation. So what I have to do? Can I just download Win 10 from official website, install it and then use Microsoft Toolkit? Will I have a working Win and that's all? Sorry for quite stupid post and ty for answers :D

2. vinodh

vinodh MDL Junior Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Why don't you just buy a Windows 10 key and install it legally? There's various places that sell Windows 10 keys cheap. Just buy a key, make a USB installer using the official Microsoft tool, boot from it, wipe the drive to get rid any cracks or other stuff you may have installed, install Windows 10 and use the key you bought to activate. Windows 10 Pro OEM can bought from around $15.

3. onddra

onddra MDL Novice

Mar 9, 2017
    Oh, is it really that cheap? I didn't know that :L

4. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  5. doctortonic

doctortonic MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2015
    I would recommend you to go with Pro version, Enterprise or Education and avoid HOME even if it is a Home-Game PC, because you can make use of other futures in the future if you need those.

You can go with this scenarios:
    1. If you wish Home/Pro..., use gatherosstate trick. Your ticket will give you a "geniune" Digital License -

It is important to know how is your windows 7 activated, genuine with Loader or with KMS?

2. For Enterprise and/or Education, only KMS solution of activation is available.

Read this, and follow the guide. It is very good.

forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/64770-How-to-upgrade-from-W7-8-1-without-going-through-the-complete-upgrade-process

6. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #6 lobo11, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    I don't think this applies to him:
    Preconditions:
    A. You have w7SP1/8.1 activated successfully (loader, OEM pre-installations, OEM_DM for w8.1, OEM system builder, retail).

This would all depend on whether or not pirated activation is on a good OEM key

I'd just do what Enthousiast said

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. doctortonic

doctortonic MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2015
    His windows IS ACTIVATED. So he can generate upgrade ticket.

"Now I'm using a Windows 7 on my pc. It's activated, but I don't even know how...I just can't download that one update, that would recognize I'm using pirated version."

If he didn't buy a windows 7 license, the tricky question how is his windows activated, with a Daz Loader or MsToolkit?

Daz Loader and MsToolkit methods works, but the license code is being different. So maybe in the future, it may have a different effect on windows 10 updates and features.

This only in the case he wish a Digital License for Pro/Home.
    For other the other, mstoolkit/KMS

8. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #8 Enthousiast, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    If the WAT update (kb971033) undo's the 7 Activation it's not activated by the only proper one: DAZ' "Windows Loader".

When activated by Windows Loader no update can undo it.

Only 7 Pro & Enterprise can be KMS activated, the most noob proof way to check if the pid (at the system screen) show either OEM (daz loader) or not (KMS), also the command "slmgr -dlv" (in an elevated cmd) will show either the retail/oem:slp channel (DAZ) or Volumeclient channel (KMS).

9. Scyphoz

Scyphoz MDL Junior Member

Jun 18, 2016
    This.

Use the Microsoft authenticity validation tool to see if your actually running a genuine license. If you are then just do the gatherosstate trick or regular upgrade. Once activated in Windows 10 you can blow it away with a clean install.

If you current Windows install comes up as not legitimate just buy a cheap Windows 10 Pro license so you don't have to worry about further activation tricks or issues.

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #10 lobo11, Mar 9, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    Whats the question:p

If you're looking for Win 7 test it's in post#4

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. Markee

Markee MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2012
    Do you know a legit cheap place to buy a windows 10 and office 16 Key ?

12. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  13. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Also if someone knew one, no advertising it on MDL.

I never seen any official seller in my country who sells keys seperatly from a dvd/electronic download and for less then the normal retail price of 100-119 euro Home OEM systembuilder / 169 euro Pro systembuilder.

14. Zeblade

Zeblade MDL Junior Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Lol.. people know how to get a crack for Windows (posted everywhere here) but not a REAL key... ok. @Markee.... SEARCH.. REAl keys our are there. No DVD etc.. blah blah blah.

pffft every one wants to be a mod. Relax.. its just text

15. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Wrong place dude, we publish no cracks :eek:

16. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Those "real" keys mostly are unofficially obtained and are illegaly sold for money, not one of the MDL KMS posts are made money of by the creators. They aren't cracks, they just use MSFT's official activation options by emulation.