Windows 10 Glass Aero

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Md3, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Md3

Md3 MDL Novice

Jan 1, 2016
    can some one provide me with a *WORKING* win10 aero link?:worthy::worthy::tea:??
    Thx Md3

2. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    Does it work with Windows 10 well? anyone ever used it? is it really good?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
  4. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  6. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    Nah I guess he is pointing out that the Developer Bigmuscle in this case ask for donations for developing the programs itself and as side effect you get rid of the nagging screen :tea:

7. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To ask for donations isn't against the forum rules, it were just the 2. point to point too!

More important is that the there were not AeroGlass working on the Screen picture, if it would, it would show the same picture of the screen in Taskbar, and that isn't the same!

Judge on your own, for me it's just what I see!!

Happy New year anyway!

8. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    You too Happy New Year Pisthai !

9. Mr GRiM

Mr GRiM MDL Junior Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Looks like he is using Start 10 by Stardock to add a texture to the taskbar as well as the custom start button, aero glass is clearly visible on the explorer windows and is the only place aero glass supports, windows 10 already supports glass effect on the taskbar, as for donating, that's up to you, aero glass is free to use for as long as you like, if you want to help support the developer then as a bonus it will remove the watermark, it's that simple, if you expect someone to devote their time and keep a program up to date constantly then why is it so bad to ask for a small donation.

10. Ace2

Ace2 MDL Expert

Oct 10, 2014
    Aero Glass is an excellent program, and works very well with Windows 10, and the developer (Bigmuscle), is doing an excellent job, keeping aero glass up to date.

NOTES:
    If you wish to donate to Bigmuscle, then do so because he deserves every donation he gets, miircosoft are not making it easy, for Bigmuscle to keep aero glass working, and up to date.

NOTES 2:
    StartIsBack for windows 10 comes with a windows 7 Menu skin, and now come with a windows 7 Taskbar skin, that also has a aero glass effect.

;)

11. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    To make it clear:
    1. I wrote that I could be wrong in my post (Post #6)
    2. I have nothing against donations and as I wrote, AFAIK it's not against the forum rules too, and you're right with your assumption!

Regarding AeroGlass, in plain use in Windows 10, the effect could be seen in lower Taskbar. That the (not really needed) 3. party Start Menu will affect AeroGlass that way, isn't a good thing in my point of view, and personally I didn't use 3.Party System software if not really needed, so I didn't know that (in my view) bad side effect of that 3. Party StartMenu Apps.

In reality, I didn't like that that mixing up of system software etc., but that's just a personal thing.

Anyway, Happy New Year to all!

12. innuendo33

innuendo33 MDL Novice

Aug 31, 2015
    yeah , aeroglass 1.4.5 works flawless under windows 10 10586 up to date ( 10586.36 ) depending on visual styles you use

you can also set the transparency with aeroglassGUI

13. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    tried it, it sucks big time as I didn't see a difference nor did I see an Aero Glass Theme in my themes, couldn't even find a proper documentation on to how to make a donation. Plus, asking for a donation is not right. He can make it paid. But asking for a donation? that's not a donation, it is paid software but without the refund possibility/support since it's just a donation. big scam

14. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    #15 dhjohns, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  15. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    #16 Super Spartan, Jan 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  16. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's what a donation is for!!

To place an Nag or Watermark somewhere on the screen, is simply to force the user to pay for it! In real terms, it could be classified as spamming!

Personally, if I know upfront that those would come, I would even not download and try such apps! Also, on their website they state that there isn't any warranty or whatsoever, you just simply are asked for to pay for top test their application!

By the way, I read what they posted on their website and even was not thinking for to start to go any step further! For me, it's simply SCAM!

If someone like it and would pay for it, just go ahead, only, refrain from complain after!

17. sevenacids

sevenacids MDL Addicted

Aug 17, 2012
    It's simple: If it was paid software, he/she might need to provide some kind of support or warranty. Maybe he/she would need a trade license, but at least he/she would have to pay taxes and write bills unless he/she wants to take the risk of committing tax fraud. Donations don't have these "limitations". It's still tax fraud if the donation model is abused, but hard to prove.

18. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
  19. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    You can say that again!