Windows 10 Home digital activation rights to Windows 10 pro? Is it possible?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yro, Jul 28, 2016.

1. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    Sorry if it was already posted (cant find).

Is it possible to upgrade one machine from windows 7 home to windows 10 home and then upgrade it for windows 10 pro with the digital entitlement rights?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Nope. Straight from 7 pro or ulti? yes.

3. gozmon

gozmon MDL Junior Member

Feb 6, 2016
    do yourself a favor: Format HDD install W7 ultimate activate with daz loader
    No need to install updates, just go to MS site and select upgrade you will now download a upgrade tool

After the upgrade is done you will have a w10 pro digital entitlement, you can do a fresh install after this no problem

4. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    If what You're trying to do is upgrade without losing Your Programs and Files ?? Upgrade the 7 Home to 10 Home. On a second partition, or preferably spare HDD install 7 Ult and upgrade to Win 10 Pro to get the DE. I'd advise using one of the later Builds so You can link a MSA (though in My case it wasn't needed.) Mount the ISO for Build 14393 Pro in the Win 10 Home OS and run the setup.exe as Admin. When it asks for a Key use the one ending in T83GX. System will prolly be unactivated so just run the Activation Troubleshooter. M$ should find the Pro DE, and I didn't have to use My MSA.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...