Windows 10 home (OEM) to Pro?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by JLD, Jul 17, 2016.

1. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Hey guys,

Bought a new laptop a week ago & pre-installed Win 10 Home. Is there a way to upgrade or change the license to Pro? Read quite a bit but can't find something here without downloading a PRO version.

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
  4. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    So basically i just use the ei.cfg file (in x\sources folder) and change the product key & I'm done right? One more question, where do I get the key? and does it have to end with 3v66t ?

Sorry guys, a bit blur here...:confused:

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    #5 Enthousiast, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    The 3v66t key is the generic key you get by upgrading to 10 pro (just google 3v66t and you'll find it). It can be used to upgrade from 10 home to 10 pro.

The ei.cfg file is needed to do a clean install of pro on system with a win 8.x10 core/home oem:Dm key.

But from your info i'm reading you don't have HWID for pro, so you must get a HWID first, to genuinely activate by HWID or just upgrade (by using the 3v66t key) from home to pro (or install pro from boot using the ei.cfg) and use a kms solution.

6. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    #6 JLD, Jul 19, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    (OP)
    Dang, how to search for my HWID? Read a couple of post, but mentioned to install Win 7 then upgrade but don't want to go through that process. Google HWID it but can only find the id for the components in device manager. Lol.

Going offshore this weekend so I'm trying to get it done the 'not so long way' or this is the only way? :(

7. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Crap, I tried the upgrade with the 3V66T key but I forgot to get my Win 10 Home OEM key. How do I get the original key back?:(

Need help guys.

Attached Files:

8. MrChris

MrChris MDL Addicted

Jun 23, 2007
    Would I be able to get my Surface 3 (Atom) tablet that came stock with Win10 Home to Win10 Pro (retail). I know I can go the KMS route but was hoping not to if I didnt have to. So far I have valid HWID for win10 pro retail for every pc/laptop/netbook no matter how old and under powered it is with the help of Windows Loader (daz) of course. But Surface tablet is UEFI and I remember reading that Windows Loader doesnt work with UEFI bios?

~MC

9. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    I reset the laptop but it's still in Windows 10 Pro which is not activated, how to get my Windows 10 Home OEM back?:confused:

10. batt

batt MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2009
    clean installation

11. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    As the other batt posted you're looking at doing a fresh install one way or the other. As Enthousiast posted You Needed to get the Pro Digital License before. I can PM a link to a "Permanent" activator which May or May Not work to activate Pro o_O PM Me If You want to try that. If it works You should immediately reformat the drive along with removing the power, battery and Cmos battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds to clear the BIOS, hook everything back up and re-install. Only way to kill the Crapware included in the activator :eek:

12. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Ouch. :death: I'm using Dell XPS 15 9550 & it's 3 weeks old with internal battery. :( I have audio jack problem & waiting for Dell tech to replace the thing or replace the laptop itself. To add to the problem, I'm going back offshore this weekend.

Is it possible to get back my Win 10 Home OEM key?

13. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Key is embedded in the BIOS so there's no problem seeing it but You still have to re-install Home, (Don't know if it's possible to change Version from Pro to Home :confused:). Maybe wait on Enthousiast or ask abbodi ? It'll activate automatically with the correct version.

14. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    I'll wait for their response. Btw the permanent activation is it SLIC thingy? Pm me.

15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    SLIC is not for 8.x and 10, slic was for Vista/7. 8.x and 10 oem's use oem:Dm bioskeys which are for 1 edition only.

16. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
  17. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

Just do an in place "upgrade"

Change the values from pro to home here HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion

before the upgrade phase.

18. JLD

JLD MDL Novice

Oct 30, 2009
    Which values do I change? :eek:

19. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    product and edition ids