Windows 10 Is Spying On Everything You Do > So Why Use It ???

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MysTikAL3, Jul 31, 2015.

1. MysTikAL3

MysTikAL3 MDL Senior Member

Jul 15, 2013
    #1 MysTikAL3, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. kronpas

kronpas MDL Novice

Aug 22, 2011
    #2 kronpas, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I.Dont.Care. I'm living in a 3rd world country, MS would have nothing to do with my data. And before worrying about your freaking PC OS, consider your life forfeited already if you ever possessed a smartphone, or even free mail service like Gmail/hotmail/yahoomail. And you guess what, nothing prevents your lovely dropbox from snooping on your business data (They might opt to not sharing it though)

3. lunario

lunario MDL Senior Member

Aug 5, 2012
    apple, facebook . google they are all spying on you.. I really don't care.. turn off internet = no more spying

4. akhmedtaia

akhmedtaia MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2013
    apple, facebook . google they are all spying on you.. I really don't care.. turn off internet = no more spying
    Really ! :(
    with The Miz Voice " wwe champion-ship"

5. deanovCustoms

deanovCustoms MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    Local Account only.
    Don't click express setting during a install.
    Should be now.

"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to." :mad:

Tried turning off cortana (I don't need it) in the taskbar and it restarts every time within seconds...

6. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    In response to the title of this thread...

The Government, All major ISPs, All major search engines and everything else is spying on you. So why use the internet?

It's a sad truth but no matter what you do your being spyed on in some way. All disabling these "spying" features does is close that spy hole just a little bit. At the end of the day, your PC is still just attached to billions of others.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. compgen_1534

compgen_1534 MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2015
  8. ice445

ice445 MDL Novice

Sep 26, 2009
    Didn't the same sort of stuff get added to 8.1 with an update not that long ago? MS has simply changed their direction because of what the market wants. Yes, the market as a whole. Not us old IT nerds who have been doing this s**t forever. The average tard wants all their devices connected, and doesn't see the point in a standalone PC in the age of Android and iOS tablets. Microsoft wants to stay relevant for obvious reasons, so they've made Windows 10 a hybrid of what Windows used to be with a nice coat of modern paint on top, AKA the APP experience and stuff like Cortana. The free upgrade was, IMHO, more about staying in the spotlight and getting in customers good graces than getting lots of people to mine data from. The data mining is a secondary concern here, because MS is WAYYY behind the curve in that area compared to Apple and Google. Google is the king of information currently, and anyone who uses google search in anything, or god forbid, Google Chrome, already has a scarily detailed profile created about them with a question mark as a name. As for the NSA, they've been able to find out about individuals for decades now through plenty of means. If Snowden didn't release the files he did, nobody would be this scared about privacy to begin with, and MS would be getting lauded right now for their progress into the arena where everyone else has been for years now. And really, the average user has never cared about privacy anyway. They don't care that someone knows what they jerk it to every night, because for both parties, it's just a faceless human example with no context. It's a lot harder to care when "someone" knows about you and what you do, it's simply not relevant. Therefore, we're at the point that if you do heavily value your privacy, you need to go way out of your way to protect it. You have to admit that you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you're going to be different and have a different opinion than most, then don't cry when you can't upgrade to the latest software or enjoy the same benefits of connectivity that everyone else does.

9. JakeBickel

JakeBickel MDL Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Edge is "nifty?"

10. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    #12 Sakuya, Jul 31, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
    Everything is spying on you, your OS (7 included), your phone, your email, even your smart TV (Samsung TVs).
    Microsoft, Yahoo, Google, Facebook, PalTalk, Youtube, Skype, AOL, Apple all have joined PRISM and are actively data mining and profiling you.

Heck if you have a Lenovo laptop, or a Xiaomi phone, the chinese are spying on you.
    There has been instances of backdoors in routers too.
    If you're not living off the grid somewhere in the mountains shielded from satelite view, you are being tracked, one way or another.

Your smartphone is a GPS tracker with apps like Facebook requiring full access to GPS, Camera and Microphone.
    When you walk on the street, there are cameras all over the place from traffic, to security cameras all taking profiles of you.

You're just deluding yourself if you think Windows 7 is safe in any shape or form as Microsoft has been on PRISM since 2007 and before W7 SP1 came out.
    So relax, toggle some switches to off and stop having panic attacks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. dk2463

dk2463 MDL Senior Member

Jun 19, 2011
    If you're worried about being "spied on" then don't walk outside, there are cams everywhere. Don't ever use an ATM Debit card or credit card, they keep transaction records. Don't ever use a cell phone or a land line, they are also traceable. Don't ever go to a hospital or a doctor, they maintain a history on your health.

You need to get over it.

12. ahlot

ahlot MDL Novice

May 21, 2015
    So Microsoft they are spying their own windows 10? :clap:

13. cyberloner

cyberloner MDL Member

Sep 19, 2009
    nothing is privacy now.... who carez... just use it

14. deanovCustoms

deanovCustoms MDL Novice

May 13, 2011
    people bend over so easily these days :biggrin:

15. rEApEAt

rEApEAt MDL Senior Member

Jan 5, 2011
    You're just saying that no one can live without leaving any trace, which is a truism. What the hack this has to do with spying?

My health history in the hospital = just a health record
    Someone from outside trying to access my health record in the hospital = spying

My beautiful figure being recorded during a walk in the city = security monitoring
    Some pervert playing that record in a hardcore party = disgusting violation of privacy

I'm pretty relaxed regarding the control society. And they're going pretty well. Why so fallacious?

16. Salad

Salad MDL Novice

Jul 22, 2008
    Spy? I don't care. It will just make my experience better (e.g. Cortana, search suggestions) ;)

17. GrandGamer

GrandGamer MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2014
    Yeah, bend over and accept the invasion of privacy, because who cares? right? I'd like to see where you keep your passwords and encryption keys.

18. Taliseian

Taliseian MDL Junior Member

Oct 13, 2013
    So...is it time yet? :biggrin:

:closed:

T