Windows 10 menu start freezes/hangs/doesn't respond after wake up from sleep mode

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Lockdown, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Lockdown

Lockdown MDL Novice

May 4, 2015
    Hello. I searched solution or similar topic for this problem but i didn't. Sometimes after wake up from sleep mode start menu button/ icon is not working nor other programs shortcuts pinned to menu start strap. Edge is not working at all in this case. When it happens i'm not able to switch of the computer cause it's try over and over stop the hard disk working, so i have to remove battery or power cable or hold down the power button.

It's very annoying.

Tried to restart in taskbar windows system processes -> windows explorer process. After this desktop is black background without any icons and menu start lost all pinned shortcuts and nothing works at all when try to turn on something. Internet explorer works fine, all programs started erlier from desktop shortcuts work fine except this menu start. After hard reboot everything is ok, till the next time when it happens.

How to fix it? Please help.

Sorry for my bad english, i do my best :)

2. icecold

icecold MDL Novice

Aug 25, 2009
    Try to disable hibernate, it will fix this issue.

3. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    Helps clean re-installation only. Everything else is just a waste of time. Your Windows is quite clearly violated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. genenioo

genenioo MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2007
    I never used sleep modes--I have all that disabled with only the screen saver running. These problems seem to prevail on Windows versions quite a ways back.

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    I don't know where the information has been circulating online again. I read it is better to do the opposite - as the sleep mode is having a bug of refusing to wake the system from sleep.

7. Parsix

Parsix MDL Member

Aug 19, 2014
    problem occurs on laptops (PC systems not have this problem)

8. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Clean install is for rookies.

9. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012
    Try this.

Make another administrative user, log on with that account, delete the file

C:\Users\{affected user}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\usrclass.dat

Log off from the temporary account and log on again on the affected user

10. Parsix