Windows 10 / Microsoft is Installing PUP (potentially unwanted software)

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by doctortonic, Mar 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. doctortonic

doctortonic MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2015
    #1 doctortonic, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    My little experiment is done.

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview is acting like Windows 10 Pro, with the same behavior on default settings but a little/slightly different.

IS *(censured F word)* INSTALLING SOFTWARE WITHOUT ASKING ANYTHING OR GIVING ANY NOTIFICATION TO THE USER.

Windows 10 PRO:
    -Fresh install, connected to the internet, activated (genuine/legal digital license)
    IT INSTALLED a bunch of JUNK DEBRIS into my computer like:

Games: - Crash sandy gaga, Mine-craft, Facebook app and a lot of other crap which I do not use or needed.

Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview:
    -Fresh install, connected to the internet, NOT activated
    IT INSTALLED a bunch of JUNK DEBRIS into my computer like:

Tools: Adobe Photoshop Express, Code Writer.

Enterprise:
    It is nice that, Photoshop Express and Code Writer is installed into the machine but I like Atom better to write code.
    Way better than Photoshop Express is Pixlr website. Beside this Autodesk as a company seems to be pretty solid at this moment.
    Pro:
    I f***ing hate Crash Sandy Gaga and games like that, I don't play Mincraft, and Facebook as a corporation - not as a service it really sucks.

Now, I wonder why nobody is writing about this behavior and why nobody is filling a complain to them.

IT IS NOT NORMAL for a PROFESSIONAL PRODUCTION MACHINE to automatically install bunch of software in the background without asking the user or the administrator of that machine. A production machine is supposed to be STABLE.

We can assume that a normal "home" developer/code writer will use Win Pro to develop programs and yet his machine is stuffed with a bunch of crappy games.
    We can assume that a normal "corporation" developer/code writer will use Win Enterprise to develop programs and yet his machine is stuffed with a bunch of crappy tools.

Installing crap-ware and boating the machine with it, is being done automatically by Microsoft in background, without confirmation or notification. And this is happening by default

Why is nobody screaming at Microsoft for this default behavior?... Or at least on other forums like this one or Reddit, windows 10 forums etc?...

#BOATWARE

2. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    Just a word to the wise friend but be mindful of posting the F bomb or abbreviations of it, otherwise admin/mods will be jumping on you! :nono3:

Rules

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    He's proberly mad about something he's experiencing through his own doing never seen it before here ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    First: Please explain in details which Build of Enterprise you're talking about to have installed? Thanks.

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Needs Malwarebytes :p

6. lucidus

lucidus MDL Member

Mar 18, 2015
    Boatware? :p

7. doctortonic

doctortonic MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2015
    Thank you guys for cheering me up! It's really apreciatted.

Accept my appoligize for the *F word, I was psyhological ventilating, not intending to be rude/harm/offend a particular person. It was born in the text post because of fustratins of seing an unhealthy behavior in the Operating System and not seing people to scream louder about this - google search gives me nothing.

This forum is awsome, and some people from here really rocks.
    Please keep up the good work and make a really good reliable backup copy of this forum in various different locations. Don't be lazy, make a backup of that backup. Cheers!

8. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    "Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview"... :rolleyes:

9. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @doctortonic: The people at MDL have made tremendous strides in testing, tuning and tweaking Windows 10.
    To get up to speed, you have to look through the forum.

Start with lobo11's thread. That'll give you directions in which to go.

Best of luck.

10. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  12. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Yeah, we know the feeling, damn it. You can always use an alternative "physical" ventilating via, e.gr., Windows 10 is installing "POOP" then you can let it go easily and not restricted by forums' rules. :D

13. SL2

SL2 MDL Member

Jan 18, 2012
    Last time I tested, W10 wouldn't install those apps if I removed the pending tiles in Start before connecting to LAN, has that changed? Wouldn't surprise me..

14. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
  15. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Read the thread i posted the link for, that is the enterprise he is talking about, 14393.

Because it's from the techbench unlocked downloads (enterprise has insider preview in the name), he calls it insider preview.

16. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    @doctronic - You might consider removing "Insider Preview" from the OP cos' it's liable to mislead ppl, take note of Enthousiast post above. ^

17. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    And the installs are not Potentially Unwanted Programs either ;)

18. v72dd

v72dd MDL Senior Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Sorry to ask but where to download latest Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview?

19. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    At the latest Insider preview build thread (15055)? ;)