Windows 10 new reset factory function

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Drakelor, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Drakelor

Drakelor MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Hi all i was interested in Windows 8.1 with command recimg to create a custom recovery image for Windows, but now with W10 i know the command was removed and now, how i can do, there is someone can help me?

2. AzTec

AzTec MDL Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Drakelor

Drakelor MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    I need to create PC with recovery like branded PC not for my personal backup

4. Scary674

Scary674 MDL Junior Member

Mar 23, 2008
    if yu have clean installed win10 it has automatic create a recovery partition for itself. like in windows 8. so go to settings/ update and security and there should be an option recovery in german wiederherstellung. there you can restore your windows from recovery partition

5. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I think what OP is looking for is an Recvovery Partion like the Laptop Manufacturers doing with all those Bloatware apps!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Please-8

Please-8 MDL Junior Member

Sep 12, 2012
    A recovery partition is not necessary - can also be a file.

I have used this feature "recimg" of Windows 8 many times and loved it when I setup a clean installation for a novice friend. I installed him a clean Windows 8, activate it, installed drivers and some useful programs (7-Zip, PDF-Reader, Windows Live Mail, etc.). After finished I create a "CustomRefresh.wim" with "recimg". When the user have ruined / messed up his installation he can do a "refresh" and gets the installation I have given him.

• Show location of current refresh image:
      recimg /showcurrent
    • create and register install.wim (CustomRefresh.wim) in subfolder "Image1":
      recimg /createimage c:\RefreshImage\Image1
    • Set location of current refresh image:
      recimg /setcurrent c:\RefreshImage\Image1
    • Go back to Win8's default system image:
      recimg /deregister
    But as "Drakelor" says: "recimg" isn't available anymore in Windows 10 and I miss it also.

7. Drakelor

Drakelor MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Exctly and now how you can do to store programs settings and custom apps?

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  9. Bezalel

Bezalel MDL Member

Apr 30, 2012
    RecoveryDrive.exe ???

10. beta-hunter

beta-hunter MDL Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Refresj pc is fecking useless,i just ytird and it offered to refresj the pc minus ALL pf my apps.

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    nice

that is reset not refresh. There is no more refresh in win10, at least not exposed that I've seen yet. RESET is supposed to format, it does what its supposed to to. Refresh has always been useless, it just leaves the crap that made you want to refresh in the first place. Only really good option is to reset and start over.