Windows 10 Phone Activation

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by David34, Sep 18, 2015.

1. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    I have a question about win 10 Phone Activation. In activation screen I have entered the key then I choose phone activation, call Microsoft and I have to enter that long string of numbers then I receive another long string of numbers to enter in my activation screen then that's when windows is activated.

Do I have to make call to Microsoft everytime I want to reinstall windows and activate it? Isn't there a way of permanently phone activate windows or backup activation so I don't have to call them ever again?

I can't do online activation as there's no Internet on the pc I'm using.

Thanks

2. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    If you have no Internet then why and how often would you be reinstalling Windows? I mean, it's not like you are in the Insider's program, is it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    If you want off-line activation, save the confirmation id and use that each time.

As an aside, I just did a rebuild of my sister's notebook, after the initial install of Office 2013, I had to phone activate it - subsequent hardrive change and on the and new install it activated with the key only - this may be old news to some but I found it interesting it connected the HwID on the second install.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #4 xinso, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
    @Superfly

Thank you.

5. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @WaltC because of sometimes I get rid of something I shouldn't

6. debin

debin MDL Member

Mar 2, 2010
    I also have a question about this Topic. In case i did not note the confirmation ID, is there any manual and easy way to find it out?

Regards
    Debin

7. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    @Superfly that's what I did I saved confirmation ID and when few days later formated ssd and tried to activate it it didn't accept and called their activation center and got new confirmation ID which worked I think confirmation ID expires after few hours or days.

8. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #8 xinso, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Installation ID tends to change with changes of Hardware, Software and Settings, thus fails the previous Confirmation ID.

9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Confirmation ID's expiring after 2 hours even if not used (according to Microsoft)!

For those user who didn't have any Internet connection at their place or machines, I would suggest to do an Imaging of the HDD after Windows install and activation and keep that in case Windows needs sometime new installed, crashed or whatsoever. Those would give the user the ability for to 'replay' that image and have an activated Windows back and working!

There also other ways, most of them are a bit illegal! As long as an user has an valid License, he/she should use the way which keeps his/her machine legally activated.

10. Superfly

Superfly MDL Expert

Jan 12, 2010
    Hmmm, OK back to the drawing board then...

I was hoping that it would work as SPP does not like restored tokens.. maybe best to write a skype wrapper to automate the confirmation ID and slmgr /atp it...

11. David34

David34 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2015
    Or you just have to remember date and time you got your confirmation ID then after formating or whatever you just have to go back there the same date and time and that old confirmation ID should still work.

12. xinso

xinso MDL Guru

Mar 5, 2009
    #12 xinso, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
    Installation ID comparison of my PC

Clean installation without updates and display adapter driver - 1st ID

Clean installation with updates and display adapter driver - 2nd ID

Clean installation with updates, display adapter driver and Office 2016 - 3rd ID