Windows 10 Play DVD/BD On FireTV Stick

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by DeathStalker77, May 1, 2018.

1. DeathStalker77

DeathStalker77 MDL Addicted

Nov 8, 2009
    ok, I'm at the end of my wits here. Tried EVERYTHING I can find. I can *easily* stream any FILE format (using Plex) but I cannot play BDs/DVDs from my comp to my FireTV Stick. I keep reading on how it's "easily" done, but I can't get it to work.

My system DOES support Miracast (Miracast: Available, with HDCP), and I have been able to connect the device in the Bluetooth section (Add Bluetooth or Other Devices), I have a wireless connect as well as a hardwired connection to the PC, but I still see nothing when I select CONNECT (well, I see my Roku, but that's not what I want to use). I'm mystified as to why this is SO difficult.

PowerDVD18 was *supposed* to support casting to Amazon devices, but it, again, ONLY supports files, not discs.

There USED to be a was with SMB1.0 to use Kodi, but now that SMB1.0 has been removed, I can't do that.

Would SERIOUSLY appreciate any assistance with this. Can't believe I'm the only person who wants to do this .... :(

2. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    Am I the *only* person with this issue/concern?! :(

3. MS_User

MS_User MDL Guru

Nov 30, 2014
    This types of issues should be ask in a IP TV site were members their have experience using this type of devices.

4. DeathStalker77

Nov 8, 2009
    I hadn't considered it an IPTV issue (those are usually streaming from the net, not what I'm looking for - I want to play from my comp in one room with the BD drive and watch on the TV with the FireTV in another, as opposed to using a stand-alone BD player or laptop - VERY inconvenient) .... any suitable site suggestions? :) And no Plex doesn't handle discs - they've stated that their software design can't handle even DVD menus, let alone the complex BD menus.